Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How To Get Your Website Into Google

D

djbaxter

How To Get Your Website Into Google
by Court
February 11th, 2009

If you have a site that’s in Google, getting in is easy because you can link to yourself. If you don’t, you’re going to have to find someone else to link to you and here are the two easiest ways to do that:

Submit an article to EzineArticles.com. Ezine will publish your article for free and will allow you to link back to your site at the end of it. Doing this with three or four articles will give you a better chance at getting indexed (getting ‘indexed’ means getting in).
Submit to social bookmarking/voting sites. You can use Social Marker to submit to a load of these sites and each will link back to you.

What Not To Do
Do NOT submit your site to Google. This actually slows down the process and if you don’t believe me, test it.

...more

Last edited by a moderator:
Good post, thanks for sharing.

I agree 100% about not submitting your site. Better to let them find you.

To me when you submit, it's like your voting for your own site. Where as a link from another site, is like some one else voting for you. Who would you believe first. Just my thoughts :)

Well, you managed to kill off a couple hours for me. I followed some of the links from that article around and spend quite some time reading. Great info, pointing to other good to great info. I have never had a tough time getting indexed (Wordpress FTW!) but its nice to know never submit to google first.

Is it ok to add an already indexed site to google's webmaster tools? This is nice because the sitemaps you can upload will help those long tail pages you forget to link get indexed, but I do not want to affect overall rankiness. (Hmm, interesting word to make up)

Thanks for the post

Is it ok to add an already indexed site to google's webmaster tools?

Absolutely. Webmaster Tools are a service to help webmasters, so you should try to put all your sites in there to help with tracking, robots.txt errors, 404 not found errors, and other spidering or visitor issues.

Really? I always submit new sites to Google, Yahoo, and MSN. I found that it speeds up the process of getting indexed. Does everyone here have the opinion that it's not a good thing to do? This surprises me....

Really? I always submit new sites to Google, Yahoo, and MSN. I found that it speeds up the process of getting indexed. Does everyone here have the opinion that it's not a good thing to do? This surprises me....

To be honest, I'm not convinced it slows down indexing. However, I've never seen any evidence that it speeds up the process.

I suspect it's more unnecessary than harmful.

banners
Back