The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to get your site indexed in 2 days

Are you looking to get your website indexed, or a free website/blog (squidoo lens, hubpage, etc)?

Knowing what you are promoting can help us give you tips to get indexed faster. Don't need to know the niche or keywords you are targeting, just what platform you rely on.

.....fourth step is pretty simple, create a robots.txt file for your website. Without a robots.txt file search engines are not allowed to index your website, and as a result you won?t ever get indexed. Just create a blank text file that says ?User-agent: *? then next line ?Disallow: ? named robots.txt and put it on the domain level directory on your server. Leave disallow blank unless you have pages you don?t want indexed.

Just how accurate is this "Without a robots.txt file search engines are not allowed to index your website"?

I thought anything on the interent was fair game unless you disallow pages.

I started with building a content site on webs.com because it was free... then I submitted to google thinking it was the next logical step. Then I started reading up on back links and I heard about squidoo so I made a couple of lenses. I also set up a myspace and twitter but I haven't dedicated a lot of time to either of those. I wasn't driving much traffic so I started playing around on yahoo answers and commenting on forums and blogs. That seems to have driven the most traffic but still not even a blip on google's radar.

Just how accurate is this "Without a robots.txt file search engines are not allowed to index your website"?

It's precisely the opposite of reality. A robots.txt file is nothing more than a facility to tell SOME automated spiders where they are NOT allowed to go. Without one, they can and will go everywhere.

Even with one, there is absolutely no way to make anyone obey the directives in it, and some rude or misbehaving programs will ignore it completely.

I started with building a content site on webs.com because it was free... then I submitted to google thinking it was the next logical step. Then I started reading up on back links and I heard about squidoo so I made a couple of lenses. I also set up a myspace and twitter but I haven't dedicated a lot of time to either of those. I wasn't driving much traffic so I started playing around on yahoo answers and commenting on forums and blogs. That seems to have driven the most traffic but still not even a blip on google's radar.

Ok, here is a plan of action for you.

Make an account with Ezine Articles. You need to submit 3 articles a day for 30 days, but there is a hitch, after 10 articles you will be held up while they decide what to do with your account, so after 3 days you will be at a hold up (write 4 articles one of the day). These articles all should link to pages on your site, if you have a dedicated landing page that should take one of your links... the other link needs to go to your homepage or category page if you blog, you want to get your pages indexed and that is the best way to start.

While you are on that holdup (3 days or so if you have no issues with your articles) you should build some other content up. Tweak your squidoo lenses, add more lenses, create a few hubpages, etc. Anything that you create needs to link back to your money site.

If you have any extra time, prep up some more articles, you can always blast an extra in (or save a few for a day you may want a break).

Once you get platinum status (or they extend your trial) start blasting more articles. You want to end up with 90 articles submitted over 30 days. The links should be spread out over your site, with primary focus on any money pages and hub content pages (don't forget to throw some links at your squidoo lenses and such as well, they can bring sales too).

This sounds like work, and it is, but once you get that first sale it gets much easier.

Like suggested on the article marketing forums, if you have any articles that get a ton of traffic on ezine articles, you have a winner. What you need to do is to re-write that article, but with a pitch this time (keep the title, that is usually the winner), and slap it on your site. With the links you have, and the ability to do on-page SEO, you will end up able to out rank ezine for your article.

Preferably, you should also be submitting these articles to other directories (as many as possible). If you do not have a program or service to automate this you should stick with the big players (Go Articles, articles base, search warp, article dashboard). I personally submit everything to about 130 article directories, so you can just imagine the crumbs I leave (and the backlinks that I create).

Keep up with yahoo answers, it can help.

Anything you do should end up bookmarked. You will get traffic from these (and I will admit it is hard to sell to it, but it is not the purpose), but the purpose is the link. Social marker is the site you should check out for that.

Basically, you just want to leave crumbs ALL OVER the place. Eventually the spiders will find your crumbs and head over.

WOW... 90 articles? I have about 20 articles right now for my niche. Some of them, I am sure, can be broken down. How in depth should these articles be?

20 will help, but 90 should be the target you are working for.

It is not as difficult as it sounds.

And general information is all you need. You do not need (or want) to tell the whole story, you want them to click through to learn the rest.

And general information is all you need. You do not need (or want) to tell the whole story, you want them to click through to learn the rest.

A related question.

I have been seeing a lot of people talk about writing 400 word articles.

That's like... 2/3 of a page.

Is that really sufficient for this sort of thing, or is that what people wave at newbies to keep them distracted? A lot of industries do that.

If I write something in the 2,000 word range, is that bad, or just unusual?

I'm a newbie myself and can say that 400 word articles are adequate in many cases.

2000 word articles aren't bad, but in many cases overkill. It just depends on the purpose.

For the purpose of links, indexing, and general SEO... I would stick lower.

I agree with Linda - I never submit my sites to the search engines - I prefer them to find me from other links on other pages. A good way to make this happen in once you have a site (preferably a blog) that you update often and you know the search engines crawl it everyday - just add a link to your new page/site on the established site and within 24 hours your new site will be indexed.

Wow! Thanks very much for this...

I also heard elsewhere that SE's start their crawls from well-known hosts...so basically if your website is hosted on a trusted hosting company, then chances are, you don't even have to link from a high PR website because your site's index would get crawled...
I have a bit of an experience on this...a site that is hosted by a well-known hosting company, after a few days of being live on the web, immediately got 32 indexed pages by Google even if the only backlinks it has are from 2 PR 0 sites...so maybe the trusted hosting company really is true.
Few or no backlinks at all but still indexed...

Anyone else who has the same experience as I did?

Odds are, google found you by those backlinks.

Low PR or not, spiders still show up. I have two sites that I do very little with now that get spidered a dozen or more times a day, and both are PR2. In fact I used one to index some squidoo lenses and had them up and running in minutes.

Now days I find it difficult to not be indexed within minutes of when I want to be, without submitting the URL. In fact, I find it more a pain to get Yahoo to find me than Google.

I have a new tip to share. Include social network sharing buttons on every article page. Just search ?Share This? or ?Add This? and you will find a ton of web sites that tell you to put a few lines of Javascript code on your web site and it does the rest.Then go to a page on your web site that you think will be the most valuable to other users and submit it to a couple of those sites listed in the button.
Submitting to the above sites will provide you with some quick traffic. It won?t last long if people don?t like your site. Plus, it won?t cause your other pages to be indexed either. It really is just a start.

The next step is to create an XML sitemap of your content. Then u can follow the instruction in James' post, which is helpful indeed.

Like what they've always said unique and interesting content is the most important

What if I have a very new website ( launched today ) with only 1 unique post. Without doing submission and bookmarking, or linking to other site. Will my site get indexed in 2 days?

I don't think so.

don't forget submitting to rss directories as well so that every time a blog is updated, it'll show up in the directories automatically.

banners
Back