The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How to get PR back!

xhan

<span style="color: white; font-weight: 700; backg
affiliate
My site went down from PR4 to PR0 a while ago - I was wondering how I can get it back!

I didn't do anything to get to PR4 so why it suddenly went to 0 is beyond me!

the site is eruANNA

You need to get links pointing to your site from sites with PR, try blogroll link exchange, thought only your friends will be happy to link to you at the moment given that your blog is PR0.
I did offer to do blogroll link exchange with you from a PR3 site once but you did not see the transaction through, when you are ready, the offer still stands. Send me a pm.

My site went down from PR4 to PR0 a while ago - I was wondering how I can get it back!

the site is eruANNA

Tell me why is it your mission to gain pR?

Is that all you want from your site? Surley not.

I'm using this site for practise for another site I have.

You need to get links pointing to your site from sites with PR, try blogroll link exchange, thought only your friends will be happy to link to you at the moment given that your blog is PR0.
I did offer to do blogroll link exchange with you from a PR3 site once but you did not see the transaction through, when you are ready, the offer still stands. Send me a pm.

You did? All my links are on a links page so it probably wouldn't be beneficial to you :S

All my links are on a links page so it probably wouldn't be beneficial to you :S

You may want try exchanging blogroll link (sitewide) if you want to get some PR, links on link pages are not very useful at getting PR. If you link to people from link pages, they link to you from link pages as well and neither of you get much benefit.

Han,
PR is over-rated! Will you make more money or will you have more page views with a higher PR? No - what i have learnt is to stop chasing PR & to have killer content instead!

I have stopped chasing PR - if i get a higher PR well and good - if not no worries!
I am thinking more from my visitors point of view!

Link Building is one way to get the PR for your site and that too with the sites related to your niche. Submit articles and blog frequently giving a back link to your site will also help gaining the lost PR.

Han,
PR is over-rated! Will you make more money or will you have more page views with a higher PR? No - what i have learnt is to stop chasing PR & to have killer content instead!

I agree with you 110% PR does not convert to cash, higher position on SERPs do :)

I agree with you 110% PR does not convert to cash

Not sure about that one, my site submissions have gone up 50% since the PR update. :) OK it does nothing for serps but does give confidence in the site to the small minority that look at the little green bar.

I have a rather strange way at looking at PR, does the salesman drive a Skoda or a Merc approach :wacko:

Robocop,
I hope your new PR will not become a curse with your site joining the PR0 club in a few months time, I strongly suggest you keep quiet about your PR and link sales etc. If you beat your drums too loudly, PR0 may be around the corner for you directory.

I have a directory that has the same PR as Haabaa but not as popular as Haabaa, its doing exactly what Haabaa is doing but did not get PR0, its still has its PR same with some other directories with good PR but not as talked about as Haabaa, Aviva, Alive and all the other popular directories with good PR that got PROed.

You should also be wary of those submitting sites to your directory all of a sudden when it got PR7, where were they when it was not PR7? nothing has changes in the services you offer, the only think is the PR so I will be wary of such sudden listings.

You should also be wary of those submitting sites to your directory all of a sudden when it got PR7

I only except sites that relate directly to the subject matter and probably delete around 80% of submissions, i'm under no illusion that being a directory it will probably loose its PR at sometime in the future, then it will be a simple case of 'pigeon shit on the windscreen' (wipe it off and move on) :D

the site is

PR is not that important. In case you observed any downfall in rankings, only then there could be something wrong.

PR can fluctuate due to following :=

a ) change in design
b) change in website backend
c) change in hosting / ip etc etc

If you did some of the above changes then you dont need to worry.

In case you did something, then do post :nono:

:kneeled: I PRAY O LORD, THOU PEOPLE SHALT STOP WORRYING ABOUT PR

banners
Back