The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to get a higher PR?

isuit21

affiliate
My websites are all stuck at PR 0 for some reason and I can't figure out how to get a higher PR now! Do I need a specific amount of backlinks and visitors or simply need to extent my domain registration length?

My websites are all stuck at PR 0 for some reason and I can't figure out how to get a higher PR now! Do I need a specific amount of backlinks and visitors or simply need to extent my domain registration length?
Domain registration length should not affect PR.

Domain registration length should not affect PR.
So basically only the traffic does? Because I found a company getting hardly any visitors, but its domain has been registered for about 10 years now. The website has a PR 3 and am wondering how that could happen.

So basically only the traffic does? Because I found a company getting hardly any visitors, but its domain has been registered for about 10 years now. The website has a PR 3 and am wondering how that could happen.
Yes, the domain has been registered for 10 years, which is the amount of years it has been around for, not how long the renewal period has been set for, if that makes sense.

Yes, the domain has been registered for 10 years, which is the amount of years it has been around for, not how long the renewal period has been set for, if that makes sense.
So it depends for how long the domain has already been registered and not for how long it will still be valid for the owner? How exactly does that affect the search engine optimization of the page? WooRank gave me the advice to extend the registration length of my domain.

So it depends for how long the domain has already been registered and not for how long it will still be valid for the owner? How exactly does that affect the search engine optimization of the page? WooRank gave me the advice to extend the registration length of my domain.
Yes, I dont know how it affects the seo but I do not know why woorank told you that.

Lots of incoming links, and a solid assortment of outgoing links, is what drives PR.

Think of the web like a spider web and your site is one of the connections in that web. You want to have the strongest incoming connections you can and you want to hold on to the strongest connections to other sites that you can too.

To get a higher PR, you need to have backlinks from high PR websites. The higher the better. Look for quality links.
Here is a graph on how many of each backlink you need to raise your website's page rank.
images

To get a higher PR, you need to have backlinks from high PR websites. The higher the better. Look for quality links.
Here is a graph on how many of each backlink you need to raise your website's page rank.
images

Great reply! In order to get higher PR ranking, backlinks are the most important factor of 'em all. You need to have strong backlinks.

Yep, your backlink profile is the deciding factor in raising your page rank. The graph that unbel posted has the right idea.

So wait... that chart says you only need a single PR5 backlink in order to get your page up to PR3? That doesn't seem right to me...

Oh, I'm so glad I came in here to read this thread. I really like the little graph that shows the number of links you need. I also agree with most of the advice that's already been given, especially the social media aspect.

First of all your website has to have good traffic, and in order to have that, you must have good quality content. Your website must also have a good number of backlinks pointing to it and finally, if you haven't broken any rules and your site has been running for a considerable period of time, your PR is going to increase too. :)

You need good content thats for sure. With good content perople will want to link to your page. Also get backlinks o high-quality websites. Maybe ask the site owner to link to your site or buy backlinks. With good content and lots of links, you should get a high PR.

I always found a lot of traffic is good for pr, not matter the quality of the traffic.

Traffic has no direct impact on the Google Page Rank.
The only thing has to do with the PR is the backlinks you have on other web sites. Dofollow links from high PR pages will bring in juice to boost the PR of your own web page. There is no other way around it.

However, traffic might have indirect impact on the PR... if your traffic is high quality, and if your web site content is high quality, then these visitors might post the links of your web pages around... which in return will boost your PR in the long run if some of these links end up on some high PR dofollow pages.

You will need authoritative websites to link to your web pages to grow in page rank. Page rank is based on quality backlinks, and not just quantity of backlinks. Get some good sites to link to your pages, preferably with dofollow, and the pages linking you should have very little outbound links on them. There could be other Google's secret criteria for the page rank to rise.

Yeh i believe that if you have a forum the best way of rising up in PR is getting tons of posts on your forum it seemed to be when i reached 500 posts i finally appeared on google :D

images

Hi Unbel, where did you get this graphic? I have been looking for it for a long time. Thank you so much! Which site do you get it from?

banners
Back