The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to gain more back links for the site?

R

renanorola59

I have a website but the traffic is not high. I would like to know if backlinks can make your traffic high

We recently submitted a few press releases and got some great links from them, there's lots of places on the web where you can submit them for free.

Google is your friend.

yes yes, backlinks IMO are the easiest and cheapest way to drive ALOT of traffic to your website. Think of it as a flower, you plant the seed (write and post articles), then after doing that for about a week or so the foundation is built your flower (webisite) is blossoming and the next thing you know its the prettiest (#1 PR) of the lot.

Backlinks are 80 % of getting top search engine positions. there are plenty of threads here about link building. Take a look around, or do a search in the forum for more info, you might like what you find.

Backlinks can and it can't send traffic. It's all about the quality and visitors you are targeting.

A backlink in your forum signature, for example, might drive a little traffic by people clicking out of curiousity about what you're doing. But a backlink as a guest blogger at a high traffic site that is related to your website, for example, will send you loads of the type of traffic you're looking for.

More traffic isn't always the answer. You want targeted traffic and, yes, backlinks can help you accomplish that when done strategically.

links very rarely give you traffic, but links put your site into a position to gain targeted traffic. If you do the links right, and do enough of them, you can gain position # 1 in Google for some high traffic keywords that are directly related to your site.

If you sold cat litter on your site, would you not like to rqank number 1 for the phrase "cat litter"? I know I would, and links are the only way to get there in natural search results.

By the way, very few will ever have the change to "guest blog" on a real authority blog where the traffic will convert on thier site unless the "guest blogger" has already made a name for theirself.

By the way, very few will ever have the change to "guest blog" on a real authority blog where the traffic will convert on thier site unless the "guest blogger" has already made a name for theirself.

I'd have to disagree - respectfully. If you're article is compelling enough (which it will have to be in order to have the opportunity to guest blog on an authority site), it can drive a lot of traffic. Especially if your copy is written in a way that evokes curiosity or leaves some unanswered questions.

Not saying it works every time, but it can be a powerful method. Just as article writing may not work for every niche.

Ryan, looking at what you said and looking at what jcorkern said, it looks as if the two of you are talking about different issues.

You are saying a person can guest blog on an authority site and deliver a lot of traffic to the guest blogger.

Jim (jcorkern) is talking about the traffic converting and added a couple of important caveats:

Yes, you're right, i think we're arguing two different points. I missed the point about getting the traffic to actually convert.

I can't speak from experience on that part, but can say reading guest posts on some authority blogs does create an almost instant credibility for that person - for me anyway - and has caused me to join their list or buy their product.

But, like jcorkern said, getting the opportunity to post on that authority site is not usually an easy task. You typically do (as he said) have to have credibility first and/or relationship with that blogger.

yes yes, backlinks IMO are the easiest and cheapest way to drive ALOT of traffic to your website. Think of it as a flower, you plant the seed (write and post articles), then after doing that for about a week or so the foundation is built your flower (webisite) is blossoming and the next thing you know its the prettiest (#1 PR) of the lot.

I wish it was this simple. They key is to do continious work for a long period of time. Have a good SEO strategy that focuses on:

- Article/Press Release submissions
- Wisely use Anchortext and spread the use over many different keywords
- Forum posts that "DO Follow"
- Build Social Networking Sites
- Have Solid Content on your site that you regularly update
- Guest Blogging
- Blog Comments
- Directory Links (not worth much these days, but easy to get)

Work on this daily for an hour or two and do this for the rest of your life and your site will have a top ranking site down the road.

Anything I forgot???

getting backlinks

got harder these days with "no follow" applied on majority of the links available most easily.

One important thing no one has mentioned, is HOW to use backlinks.

You need to use targeted keywords as the text of your backlinks. Also known as anchor text.

Don't just put "click here" or "www.mywebsite.com" as your anchortext. Use the same keywords that you have in the content of your webpage. Especially the keywords in your title and beginning paragraphs. This will make it much easier for you to get on the first page of the Google natural listings for those particular keywords. Giving you even more traffic.

With regards to the OP's query whether backlinks provide more traffic - they do. Either by helping your SERP for your keywords go up or via direct traffic from your backlinks.

MI
Back