The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to decide which GEO by eCPMs

isedo

Hi folks, can you help me to understand better this data?

Given these data how should I decide which Geo is more profitable?
Should I choose the one with higher eCPM or the one with higher Clicks?

I'm confused. Thanks.

Thanks, I know what that means, but not sure how to use those data, to many things in my head so I was hoping someone with experience could help read this and make the right choice.

I look at my actual landed CPC at the offer
all the rest is smoke and mirrors

What matters is the landed CPC and the CR (conversion rate of the offer)
the CR is an assumption until you see some empirical results.

if 200 CPC visits from the UK (GB) have a CR of 1:20, and;
200 CPC visits from the USA (US) have a CR of 1:25, and;
200 CPC visits from France (FR) have a CR of 1:94

Then that is how you decide the bid value --getting to that point is hit and miss --best guess --make more campaigns (clone-copy) with the better SINGLE GEOs and wait or more conversions.

I look at my actual landed CPC at the offer
all the rest is smoke and mirrors

What matters is the landed CPC and the CR (conversion rate of the offer)
the CR is an assumption until you see some empirical results.

if 200 CPC visits from the UK (GB) have a CR of 1:20, and;
200 CPC visits from the USA (US) have a CR of 1:25, and;
200 CPC visits from France (FR) have a CR of 1:94

Then that is how you decide the bid value --getting to that point is hit and miss --best guess --make more campaigns (clone-copy) with the better SINGLE GEOs and wait or more conversions.
but mostly CPC there is no targeting and only fuse clicks with 0 CR !

That's not true; I use ad networks that can target CPC by region/state city and even postal codes (limited to the IP locations).
CR is more complicated then just sending bulk traffic and getting payout sales.
Last 'blast batch' of traffic I did last night CPC in page push --by US state --in about 10 min ...from about 23:00 GMT ( 9pm EST)
After my filtering I sent only 329 clicks. There is a problem with the affiliate program's website --they only counted 85 visits with no conversions :rolleyes: :mad: can't handle the traffic volume
Code:
86,NY
82,CA
50,FL
28,GA
20,NC
12,MI
7,AL
6,CO
5,AZ
3,UT
3,LA
3,CT
2,NJ
1,VT
1,ME
View attachment 21439

Adscore is a trial --it's somewhat accurate --my filters are better --I sent 329.
View attachment 21441
I use hostnames as a test but that can be less than conclusive.

so do you make some good CR from this ?? because i have tried some but all of them were useless !!

You need to know the conversion count and the county for each conversion to make any real decision.
I think the rest is mainly mental masturbation. The affiliate network/program should detail those stats.

That's not true; I use ad networks that can target CPC by region/state city and even postal codes (limited to the IP locations).
CR is more complicated then just sending bulk traffic and getting payout sales.
Last 'blast batch' of traffic I did last night CPC in page push --by US state --in about 10 min ...from about 23:00 GMT ( 9pm EST)
After my filtering I sent only 329 clicks. There is a problem with the affiliate program's website --they only counted 85 visits with no conversions :rolleyes: :mad: can't handle the traffic volume
Code:
86,NY
82,CA
50,FL
28,GA
20,NC
12,MI
7,AL
6,CO
5,AZ
3,UT
3,LA
3,CT
2,NJ
1,VT
1,ME
1634120318564.png

Adscore is a trial --it's somewhat accurate --my filters are better --I sent 329.
blast2-adscore.jpg

I use hostnames as a test but that can be less than conclusive.

but all of them were useless !!
If them means the 'offers' --finding something that sells at all can be an issue. Finding something that converts well with a reasonable ROI is difficult --even more so in today's environment. Globally, 1% of visitors might convert (buy something).

So in the scenario I outlined above;
(9.91/329)/0.01=$3.012 ad spend theoretical is good the payout is maybe $12-$18 on a first sale, however
(9.91/85)/0.01 = $11.658 is what is being counted --not good
Of 280 visits counted I see no progress --just a $43 loss and hours of my time setting this up --looks like another AM fail to me.

Too bad because the CTR rate is very good for web ads these days --there is a user affinity (like) for the product.

MI
Back