The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

how to chat rooms deal with spam

JessicaAffiliateManager

affiliate
how do chat rooms deal with small spammers located in china/philipines etc ?(prob someone sending 50-100 messages per day and generating 2-4 leads a day) promoting affiliate links (surveys/dating etc).

1. ignore them
2. ban them
3. take legal action

i am dealing with some affiliates which i suspect pushing chat traffic .

You mean webcam chat rooms? :D

Match the spam post patterns and filter them out the best you can with the least amount of collateral damage.

Take legal action against a broke-dick chat room spammer :D A lawsuit will cost over $10K
Ban them -- how; one by one? Wack-a-mole ?
They will just come back with new names and new IP addresses if their spamming is making money.

You could properly identify the affiliate (why do you think it is your affiliate anyway -- it probably is not) <<<to easy for you to track the link code. Is it your competitor's affiliate? Your competitor will just laugh it off.

I have dealt with this problem since 2004 and it hasn't gone away yet -- never will as long as you allow free chat. Make everyone pay $0.25 to enter a room -- the spammers and free loaders will not pay ... problem solved ;)

You can't completely block spammers. Once you remove spam from your chatroom, they will surely come back if they are making money from your chatroom. Like @Graybeard said, just make your chatroom paid. Charge a minimal amount that your user can afford. this trick will surely help you control spam.

In this way, you can only control spam, buy you can't block it completely.

You can't completely block spammers. Once you get rid of spam from your chatroom, they may surely come again if they may be getting cash out of your chatroom. Charge a minimum quantity that your user can have the funds for. This trick will genuinely help you manage junk mail.

In this way, you could only manipulate unsolicited mail, but you can't block it completely.

banners
Back