The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How to avoid being kicked out of AdSense

Larwee

<b><font size=2>In Memoriam - Loyal Administrator<
affiliate
Google wants publishers to be successful with AdSense because Google also benefits when the publishers are doing well. Google really doesn't want to kick people out of AdSense. If you play by the rules you are likely not to have problems with Google.

There are people who have said their AdSense account was suspended but they hadn't done anything wrong. That is another issue. The purpose of this is to cover important ways to help you avoid having your AdSense account terminated.

Some tips to help you are provided by Google. They mention 10 very important things you shoud remember. Here they are:

1. Don't click on your own AdSense ads.

2. Don't ask others to click on your Google AdSense ads.

3. Don't use pop-up prompts or automatic software installations.

4. Be careful of how your site is promoted.

5. Don't put Google ads on sites that contain prohibited content.

6. Respect Google trademarks.

7. Don't tamper with the AdSense code.

8. Provide a positive user experience.

9. Provide a good environment for advertisers.

10. Respond to e-mail sent to you by the AdSense team.

Google gives additional details on each of these 10 points. This link is to those additional details http://www.google.com/support/adsense/bin/answer.py?answer=23921

In addition to the 10 tips above, it is also very important that you read and try to understand the Terms of Service. The name given to this is Google AdSense Online Standard Terms and Conditions. You should also keep up with the changes that Google makes to those terms and conditions. Google states that you are responsible for keeping up with the changes.

Google does make changes. Something that wasn't allowed may later be allowed and something that previously was allowed may no longer be allowed. It is very important that you try to abide by their Terms of Service.

If you aren't sure about something, contact Google and ask them. Don't do anything if you aren't positive it is something that Google will allow. Make sure to keep the answer they send you in case there is a problem later.

Following the Google AdSense Online Standard Terms and Conditions and contacting Google when you aren't certain of something are very good ways to help avoid problems.

Another tip

Another important tip to remember is to contact Google right away if you notice any unusual or suspicious activity.

I noticed some unusual activity on one of my sites and contacted Google about it. They thanked me for letting them know about it. They advised me that they had noted what I reported to them and they will monitor the situation. They also advised me that they might need to make adjustments for any days in which invalid clicks occurred.

That is all I wanted. I've always followed the rules and contacted them when I had questions. I have now contacted them when I felt there was a problem.

I've been with AdSense since it started. From what I've seen, if you follow the rules, don't try anything sneaky, ask them about things to be certain, and advise them of problems, Google will be reasonable and very fair.

Sound advice Larwee,

I believe "be professional and you will be treated like a professional."

You can break the rules for a small gain but the old saying,
"what goes around comes around" soon kicks in.

Here is something that is very important. More people should be aware of this and take advantage of it because it can save a lot of problems.

If someone places your AdSense code on sites which don't belong to you and causes impressions and clicks to be made, it could be a big headache for you. It may or may not be all that easy to get it resolved with Google.

Google has a method to make it very simple for you to prevent this problem from happening to you.

Google has something they call "Google AdSense - Allowed Sites." You can find it in your AdSense Setup. Go there and look for Allowed Sites. You will see this:
Use this page to identify the URLs that are allowed to display Google ads for your account. You can choose either to allow all sites or to list specific sites.
In the field provided, list URLs of sites you want to show your ads. Then click "Save changes". If you put your ad code on a page not on this list, ads will still show, but impressions and clicks will not be recorded.
Google supplies updated information on a weekly basis. When unauthorized sites have displayed your ads, you will see this:
There are unauthorized sites that have displayed ads using your AdSense publisher ID within the last week. Please click here to view them.
Google will display the site URL that displayed your ads.

Google says this about their Allowed Sites feature:
Allowed sites are sites or URLs on which AdSense publishers allow or wish to have their Google ads displayed. If a URL displaying your AdSense ad code is not on your Allowed Sites list, ads will still be displayed, but impressions and clicks won't be recorded, advertisers won't be charged, and you won't receive any earnings for that URL.

We've added the Allowed Sites feature because we've learned that some AdSense publishers are concerned about potentially malicious behavior from others on the web, such as stealing their ad code and placing it on an inappropriate site. By offering this feature, we allow AdSense publishers more control over which sites or URLs can have their AdSense code.
Using this feature can be very beneficial and could help prevent some potential major problems. You might want to give it some very strong consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Larwee,Am really learning and enjoying myself here.It is good you brought it up here because this will serve as a reminder of the dos and dons of Google.Thanks.

Keep your Adsense off on pop ups and pop unders. Your ads should not be displayed on content sites that promote illegal activity or tampering of the legal rights of other people or business. Included in this are the content that is considered adult and gambling ones.

If you think that you may be breaking this rule, immediately remove your content or Adsense from the web page.

Self clicking on Ads

Sometimes you find some ads very interesting, and you click them. Purpose is not to earn but to genuinely visit that site. What should be done in such situations?

[site link removed - can't have in posts]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes you find some ads very interesting, and you click them. Purpose is not to earn but to genuinely visit that site. What should be done in such situations?

You can use Adsense preview tools to click your adds without any trouble with google adsense TOS.

Thanks for sharing. I have an adsense account but I was hesitant because I really didn't understand the do's and dont's. After reading this thread, it seems that adsense is rather straightforward, so I will implement it on a few of my sites/blogs to see how it works out.

Google wants publishers to be successful with AdSense because Google also benefits when the publishers are doing well. Google really doesn't want to kick people out of AdSense. If you play by the rules you are likely not to have problems with Google.

Playing by the rules can always give better results rather that hooking people to click those ads. Having great contents on your site can let people come back for more and even if they don't click those ads, you can still have them the next day because they are interested on your contents.

2. Don't ask others to click on your Google AdSense ads.

Many adsense publishers are banned from adsense because of doing this. They think that they are safe if the other people will click their ads but sad for them because google expects this kind of act that's they track the activity of your site.

[site link removed - can't have in posts]

You should not click on your own ads. If you found something interests you, just copy the url or take the domain and type it on :pyour browser. Don't let Google take a chance of banning your account.

But sometimes it happens that we click our own ad by mistake, so if it happens what should we do?

Just quit clicking it. What's done is done anyway. :) Some accidental clicks won't get you to be kicked straight out. But I'd recommend to not overstress it. ;)

banners
Back