The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to Avoid Being an Average Frustrated Affiliate

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Josh from the Scrappy Business Blog is a <a href="http://www.scrappybusiness.com/introduction" target="_blank">vagabond affiliate</a>, traveling the globe and working his affiliate business from his laptop. I was scanning his blog Thanksgiving evening and found a post that I think makes some really good points. <strong>If you are trying to up your affiliate game and reach the next level, you'll want to read this.</strong>

Josh describes the <strong>AFA</strong> <strong>'A</strong>verage <strong>F</strong>rustrated <strong>A</strong>ffiliate' as an affiliate "<em>who has no game and rarely manages to convert offers profitably. Also an affiliate who tends to look to “gurus” for validation, buys a lot of ebooks, but never takes action.</em>"

He offers 11 actionable tips about how to avoid being an AFA. Here are a couple of them.
<strong><a href="http://www.scrappybusiness.com/are-you-an-average-frustrated-affiliate.htm">Are You An Average Frustrated Affiliate</a>?</strong>

1. Write your financial goals for the year. If you want to make $100,000, then fine. Divide that by 365 to give you $275/day in profit. Now, how do you get to $275?

3. Now, time to figure out what your core competency is. First, what do you enjoy doing? PPC? Do you like managing sites? DO you like managing a team? Pick the top 3 things you like to do, then find someone to do the rest of the crap...

8. Start a…review site, start a direct linking campaign, do SEO, I don’t really care what you do. <strong>BUT DO IT. And FAIL. And I mean FAIL HARD and I mean FAIL FAST. You are new to this industry you are going to fail, so give it the best shot you got, learn from it, then move on.</strong> Don’t spend 4 weeks building an affiliate site.

The really "sound" part of this advice is it really is that simple...if you aren't having success as an affiliate there is really only one reason, you.

MI
Back