The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How Pop Ups More than Double my Opt In rates.

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
howpopupsmorethandoublemyoptinrates.png

How Pop Ups More than Double my Opt In rates.

This is a short case study to show you how effective Pop Ups can be on your affiliate sites.

Pop Ups

Pop ups are things that pop out of the screen when you visit a website. They are usually set per visitor IP to show when a new visitor comes onto a site. They are used for many reasons but the most popular is to gain email opt ins or registrations. I started using a pop up on CPAFix just under a year ago and the results were incredible. I now use pop ups on a lot of my own affiliate sites and other projects. The key is to split test the copy, call to action and layout to see what works best for you.

Results

popupstats.jpg

As you can see from the stats above, I didn't have the pop up live in April 2012 and place it into the site towards the end of May 2012. After letting it run for a month or so to test you can see a clear growth in user sign ups via the pop out.

In fact we did over 200 more sign ups in July than we did in April. The pop up works!

Since this test I have messed around with the copy and layout several times to get my best results. We now see a huge 250% growth on sign ups each month after the pop up was installed. This also mirrors the sign ups increased on some of my other sites and blogs.

Things to use on Pop Ups

You can test what converts better for your site but here are the most popular things to test on a pop up,

• Register
  • Email Opt in
  • Buy Now
  • Download Now
  • Read More
  • Get Newsletter
  • Like/Share
  • Coupon
and many more.....it's worth testing all the above to see what works for your traffic.

What Pop Ups to use

On most of my HTML site I use custom code but I can recommend two amazing plugins i've used before.

PopUp Domination

popdom.jpg

A great piece of kit, possibly the most well used and known pop up plugin. Very nicely packaged together with some quality professional designs.

Download Here.

Ninja PopUps

ninjapopup.jpg

Amazing plugin for WordPress, cheaper and possibly more robust than PopDom. Also has more styling options which make it a bargain.

Download Here.

Last edited:
Great post K.

Having used Popup Domination myself I can vouch for it being a great plugin (both Wordpress and Standalone). Just visit most blogs out there and you will see them utilizing it!

Yet to use the other you mentioned but would be interested in hearing peoples thoughts.

Yeah I use Popup Domination and it works a treat. Hadn't heard of Ninja Popups before but their templates look pretty nice.

It's really nice tbh, i'm using it from now on...a lot cheaper than PopDom and also more variations etc!

MI
Back