The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How often should I submit my website to the search engines?

You don't need to submit to the major at all. Just get Incoming Links from a couple of sites that are reasonably well Established and the SE Spiders will find you very quickly. If you don't want to wait to be "Discovered Naturally" then just submitting the once when the Site first goes live will suffice.

There is opinion in some quarters that 1 or 2 Search Engines may rate a site higher if they discover from natural prorogation rather than Submission.

sme is 100% correct - you don't need to submit, just concentrate on good content, sit back & wait...

it is not necessary to submit your website to all search engines... just as long as you optimized you site well then spill will able to locate your site...

I am totally agree with you ron, backlinks can make search engines crawl your site very quickly and could help to increase the site PR.

You can start by sending in your sitemap.xml file to google, yahoo and live. it would be easier and would allow the search engines to crawl your site faster and without any problems in most cases. Every 1/2months id suggest for search engines.

Incoming links/backlinks are the most important factor when determining your PR rank. So start submitting your site to website directories as well. ESPECIALLY DMOZ, as that has one one the highest PR for web directories.

Good luck in your SEO campaign

Last edited by a moderator:
I think getting listed in 3 major search engines is enough. Google, Yahoo & MSN. If you build you backlinks after getting listed in these three engines will make the other small search engines & directories to crawl your site.

I use to submit websites manually to SE's but you have to realize if you are important enough they will find you are on their own. All you need is unique well interlinked pages with proper Meta info and some backlinks....you will be crawled and ranked accordingly.

Yes I appreciate, content is really power, but static content is not a power, try to change the content on regular basis.

And my frens, I would like to tell you, the beside the dynamic content, you will really need a good backlinks. Its all together, a coin can not have only one side. a coin is always useful when you have heads and tails. so onpage content and a good offpage are really needed to rank you at the top.

VP

You must provide good content, avoid copy content and broken links.... Focus on on-page optimization then you must submit your website in all the major search engine. you will be crawled and ranked accordingly.

I would only submit my site to the search engines when I make major changes to my keywords, description, and title. And anyway google's bot will crawl your site periodically.

MI
Back