The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How often google re-index a site

F

Flex

hi,
how often google re-index a site (or it is better to say re-index a page?!) ?
why some sites reindex everyday but some monthly?

I have got confused in themes. Move please to the necessary theme. Excuse please

Last edited:
Pages with higher page rank and SERP rank is indexed faster.So, its obvious that some sites get indexed faster and on regular basis and some after few days gap.

I don't think so, search engines index the sites faster who keeps updating their website with fresh and new content. I have witnessed it on my blog. Also, you can mention the gap period in robot.txt for search engines to crawl your site.

:) I think you are both right. High PR is gained through large numbers of backlinks and large numbers of backlinks results in more bot visits and faster reindexing.

And Robdale makes a good couple of points that content changes result in more bot visits and you can even tell the bots how often the page updates. Although I thought it was in the sitemap.xml file and not robots.txt e.g. <changefreq>daily</changefreq>

It depends on how popular the site is and how frequently new content is posted to the site.

How friendly site is?

It also depends upon how friendly your site is with search engines and how big brand you are. If you update your site daily, your site will be visited by search engines daily. News sites are indexed twice and thrice in a day. There are many pages of bbc.co.uk, which are posted as a new page and new url and they got cache in the same day.

It also depends upon how friendly your site is with search engines and how big brand you are. If you update your site daily, your site will be visited by search engines daily. News sites are indexed twice and thrice in a day. There are many pages of bbc.co.uk, which are posted as a new page and new url and they got cache in the same day.

En, it's reasonable.

It depends on google.. how frequent it find the links on the other webpages. And also on the changing frequency of your website content.

If you wish to have your website pages indexed regularly then it is important to update your website regularly. If your website is updated regularly, some of the search engine spiders stay on your website and once the website is updated, the content is automatically indexed in the search engines.

After Google finishes all the crawlings they have made, then they'll index it. Google made some minor crawling almost everyday and major crawling once a month.

My page ranking seems to only ever get better when my 'adwords' campaign is running. Although it does generate clicks for me, it seems an expensive way of working my way up the rankings.

If you update your website very frequently then Google tries to keep up with it and will update it every day. Pagerank is something I would not worry about. A lot of mis leading information out there.

Google visits my website every 24 - 48 hours it depends on how high your page ranks is , how often the content on your website changes, google loves the fresh content on the homepage, i find feed burners work well for seo , as long as they are liked to fresh content sites , with fast changing content. I also find posting fresh backlinks to different pages , this makes google come back quicker, never submit your website to google, let the come on there own accord.

banners
Back