The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How often does google bot visit your site?

Eminem

affiliate
For my site MyIndya.Com, the google bot visits around 4-5 times a week :)

I know that it's not much but I expect to make it visit daily :D

What about you?

Newbie dumb question . . .

So how do you know how often the Google bot goes to your site and how can you make them come by more often? :eek:

You can view your logs but seriously, don't!

The number of bots who visit your site and the IP addresses they use will blow you away. Just let them come and don't worry about it.

To encourage googlebot to visit more often
  • Have a sitemap so it knows where the new content is
  • update frequently so it learns that your site is ever changing
  • have a well constructed site that is easy for a bot to navigate (SEO 101 stuff)
it really is as simple as that

What it does with the information it indexes is a whole other story!

I have sites where it visits daily and some where it barely comes weekly. The tips above a spot on advice.

Google page indexing and PR value update

Google has one of the most active robots in the industry.

Most people don't know that Google does index each web page individualy and has PR value for each page.

When a page is indexed it is store in Google cache.

The easiest way to see your web site Google cache is by typing the full URL without the http://www. into the Google tool bar and see if Google display a list of resources found about your site. Here is an example of what you see when I search for Cnn.com:

CNN - Cable News NetworkIncludes US and international stories and analysis, weather, video clips, and program schedule.
www.cnn.com/

Google can show you the following information for this URL:

Show Google's cache of cnn.com
Find web pages that are similar to cnn.com
Find web pages that link to cnn.com
Find web pages from the site cnn.com
Find web pages that contain the term "cnn.com"

Click on the first option Show Google's cache of cnn.com... then on that page you can see the date and time the robot has indexed this page. I believe the PR ranking occurs shortly or perhaps at the same time this index occurs. Only the PR value not the visible PR value on your Google toolbar.

Hope that helps a bit...

banners
Back