The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How much time?

Jessi

affiliate
How much time do you spend on social networking? Do you even know?

For me, when I was actively using social networks for marketing, I couldn't even tell you how much I was on there. I would leave open Tweetdeck and just talk throughout the day. I didn't sit down and specifically work on it, but rather, weaved it into everything I was doing.

I spend MAYBE 5 minutes a day on social networking sites, I prefer to spend my time on my own websites or on forums that discuss content I am interested in. It's too easy to lose half the day on a social network and not really gain anything, I'd hate to have that happen regularly.

Not a lot, I spend max 20 minutes on it, maybe more if there's a lot of friends talking to me, if not, there's not much for me to do other than read other wall posts that might look interesting.

I don't spend all that much time on social networking. As a general rule, social networking is okay for personally connecting with customers you already have, but it's not so great for finding new customers.

Do forums count as social networking? I spend a rather significant amount of time talking on forums. I can get quite a bit of traffic from them, as people seem to show a genuine interest in my blog.

Yes, forums count as social networking, assuming you're not the only person writing posts. She asked specifically about social networking sites and not forums and I don't think forums are OFFICIAL networking sites, like Twitter or Facebook.

Yes, forums count as social networking, assuming you're not the only person writing posts. She asked specifically about social networking sites and not forums and I don't think forums are OFFICIAL networking sites, like Twitter or Facebook.
In that case, not much time at all. I check Facebook occasionally, but I almost never update my status. My wall is plastered with automatic links to my latest blog posts. As for Twitter, the most I deal with that is ignoring the constant emails I get from them begging me to join, all because a friend invited me. It's seriously annoying.

I don't really spend much time with Social Networking though I have a ton of followers and such. I spend only a minimum of ten minutes everyday, and a maximum of 20 minutes just to check up on any alerts via the Social networking sites.

Other than social networking, I would spend most of the time updating and checking up on my website(s).
SonnyNET64

That's a lot of time but how many visitors is a "tonne" anyway?

I see big brands complaining that social media doesn't drive traffic. They use it to promote brand recognition but as far as sales go they won't even advertise on Facebook. Have you noticed that Facebook ads are often to get rich quick or health type quick fixes and rarely to Nike or Reebok? There's a reason for that.

I don't spend very much time social networking, probably around less then a hour a day. I always have a facebook tab open though to socialize with friends.

I spent a fair amount of time social networking online. I spend about 4 to 5 hours per week. I use social networking for lead generation and driving traffic to my local blog. LinkedIn is the best one for me. I target professionals and that's where they are.

I don't use Facebook as much as I should. I keep telling myself that I'm going to pump up my efforts of Facebook, but I never do. I have some sort of mental resistance to it. I'm not even sure if it would be good for my business, but I won't know for sure until I try. ;)

I don't spend much time on Twitter. I preload my tweets. I do spend about 30 to 45 minutes of my social networking time looking for people in my local area that fit my criteria.

Not much time, half an hour at most. I'm honestly not a fan of social networks like Twitter or Facebook. I would rather spend time on forums.

I spend about 2 hours a day on social marketing. I currently have a Facebook fanpage that is doing pretty well. I'm aiming to get to 10k followers by June, so I try to post as often as I can to increase social exposure.

Although it's not continuous, but, I would peg that I spend around 2 to 3 hours with my social media accounts. This would already include the minutes I spend checking on notifications and making posts.

I only spend a few minutes each week pinning my new articles to Pinterest and posting some links on Twitter, that's it.

I spend most of my time (20+ hours/week) working on my own site and publishing new content.

I can't count the time I've spent on social networking website. I leave them open, not only my own Facebook but I spend a lot of time advertising on my marketing Twitter and Facebook accounts. Probably at least 50 hours a week.

I would say I spend approximately 2 hrs, but it may go as high as 5hrs whenever I have a huge number of friends online, but I usually try to stay focus on my work and not chat or socialize a lot hahaha.

I would say for me approximately 2 hours a day. My current host is banned from Facebook so until I move servers. Facebook is useless. YouTube and Flickr on the other hand, for my site is a great way to get visitors to my site simply by submitting content.

banners
Back