The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How much do you spend before you cut an offer

DoubleDouble

Hi All,
a poll more for out of interest and also for some guidance to new people on here.

How much do you spend on an offer before you cut it.

For example: You have an antivirus offer - pays out $0.5 you have run on RON on a traffic source, and are at -60% ROI, in 48 hours you have sent ~60 conversions, your LPs are converting between 10%-15% CTR after spending $40 would you :

a) continue to run in RON until you gather enough targets to run a specific target campaign?
b) cut the offer and try another
c) cut it from the start after spending $10

I know for me this is one of the hardest things to understand in AM, so am sure this is going to help some people out!

my answer: a) for another $10-$20 and then cut from there (of course optimizing it as much as possible i.e. carrier, device etc...) possibly test the offer on another aff network.

60 Conversions would mean you got $30. That means your ROI would be -25% not 60%, or am I missing something?

Im quite new to affiliate marketing, but as far as I know, everything over -50% ROI is considered promising and after a significant data has been gathered you should try to improve targeting. 60 conversions are decent amount, but clicks and impressions would be important too. So whether you should start cutting bad placements or keep running until you have enough data, its up to clicks and impressions.

I might not be 100% right on this one. But thats what I would do.

nice thanks, I guess the next question is what is classified as significant data, for example this campaign i could sink $500 into it, whilst I am 90% sure it would be making money at that point, it could still lose (but then again nothing is surefire)

currently in at 172 conversions, 16%CTR on the LP -27.9% ROI keep cutting the targets for now I guess? (@$144 spend) is getting more positive as I cut though

nice thanks, I guess the next question is what is classified as significant data, for example this campaign i could sink $500 into it, whilst I am 90% sure it would be making money at that point, it could still lose (but then again nothing is surefire)
Do you have any placements that are specifically converting and standing out like 10 conversions?
Do you have any profitable placements? I would mess around with a targeted camp if I were you.

in the interest if interest for better or worse i stuck with the campaign, overall we are now at around 40% ROI and the campaign for the first time is running in profit!

out of interest on zeropark, I am finding i get the most conversions for my buck in position 3 at campaign level, however obviously volumes with this are pretty low. any advice?

banners
Back