The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How many "Target Keywords" should a site have.

clangallacher

affiliate
How many target keywords should a site have, is there a recommend amount?

Regards

Clangallacher

Add your directory to one of our list's. FREE

I don't know if there is recommended amount but in my opinion less keywords you target per page - better chance you have for higher SERP

Last edited:
I agree with SkinnerW, it is better to have a page dedicated to a few keywords alone, so the more keywords you have, then the more pages you should have to increase the focus of a single page to a few keywords only.

I think you should focus on a few primary keywords for the home page and hundreds or thousands of keyword combinations for all of your subpages. While this seems impossible, it actually is not that difficult. Optimizing for long tail keywords will bring you much more traffic than focusing on one or two keywords. If you've ever looked at any website stats before in most cases 70%+ of any websites traffic usually come from long tail keywords. I would just write a lot of quality content with various combinations of keywords for your subpages to help acquire this traffic and rankings for the more obscure terms in Google.

I also think it is okay to chase long tails but there are cases and cases.

I work for a .ro website where I target just 5 keywords or simple words combinations and most of the traffic comes from there. Long tails is only 10% of the traffic.

As the example for the other case, I have a blog, where 70% of the traffic is generated through long tails keyword searches.

At least 5 or below.. Because if you choose many keywords you will be the one who will have problem ranking it.. A few good keywords may help.. In order for the SEs make it natural in terms when you link build for it...

I agree with cooldude007 the keywords should be few with appropriate research and should contain long trail key phrase as it's better way to handle and get better results in searching.

I agree with the long tail keywords, as proof they pay off take my website homepage title:

Resonate Seo Sem Web Standards & Web Analytics Consultancy

Now if we compare my long tail keyword to Google's results for my keywords i get the following:

Resonate Seo = 1 (obviously)
Seo Consultancy = 1st in Google
Web Standards Consultancy = 1st in Google
International Seo Consultancy = 2nd in Google
Web Analytics Consultancy = 13 in Google

As you can clearly see that one title covers a wide range of my keywords all from that one title.

MI
Back