The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How many kinds of PPC?

I'm assuming you mean what PPC advertisers do affiliate marketers utilize??? The only two I primarily use are Yahoo Search Marketing (formerly Overture) and Google Adwords. There are a slew of other smaller PPC engines that should not be overlooked though. Here are some of the leaders:

AzoogleAds
MIVA
Go Click
Enhance Interactive
7 Search
Kanoodle
ePilot
Search 123
SearchFeed

I have not used these additional PPC engines but they've been around for quite some time. I have used Searchfeed Publisher with moderate results though. Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Stephen
Thank you very much for your help and it really made my concept of PPC clearer :)
But I still have another question, what the average cost of PPC, different from items?

Hi chenyingjing,

Still really depends on the keywords. Cell phone could cost 2 a click, but grey XWZ brand cellular phone, could cost 30 cents.

If you tell me why you are asking I could maybe help more. Are you thinking of paying affiliates by click or wondering how much they would have to pay to do PPC for you or are you considering doing PPC for yourself???

One thing I always tell merchants to do if they have a fairly new site - BEFORE they launch an affiliate program is conversion testing with PPC. Pretend you are an affiliate for your own site. Set up a small Adwords budget. Pick the best KW you can, track your spend against how much you would earn if you were being paid the same commish you offer affiliates. Are you in the red or the black? What can you do to tweak your site to improve conversions? If you as the merchant - knowing everything you know about your site and products - can't make a profit, then no affiliate will be able to either. This exercise will not only help your conversions but help you understand what affiliates go through and will ultimately make your entire program much stronger.

MI
Back