The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How many is enough?

pincpassion

affiliate
Can you give a suggestion how many social sites I should join for traffic generation? Do I need to join a lot like 4 of the famous ones: Facebook, Myspace, etc. And how about micro-bloggin sites like twitter and others? How many is enough? Thank you...

What matters is how much you promote through social sites, not how many you're on. Social sites are just that- social. So if you don't keep up with them, they tend not to generate much traffic. It can still be a back link for SEO in some cases, but if you set up a Twitter account and never do anything with it, it's useless. On the other hand, if you set up one Twitter account, get 3000 followers and promote effectively through the system, you'll generate a lot of leads- even if it's the only social networking account you have.

I think, social networks and sites can be useful. With facebook, start making friends first - find people with the same interest, add them to your list. You can create a group for your site and then invite your connections there.

I guess, you shouldn't put too much energy into this, however, it is not completely useless.

Thank you all for the reply. I might just then keep one social site and one micro-blogging. Do you think Facebook and Twitter is a good choice? How about Plurk?

I never tried social sites before, but I've heard good things. Just like the users said above you're going to have to keep updating your account though with new sites. And definitely have a ton of friends.

Thank you all for the reply. I might just then keep one social site and one micro-blogging. Do you think Facebook and Twitter is a good choice? How about Plurk?

I would suggest Facebook. It's still clean and has a lot of people who actually do want to network

Build your reputation on there by giving helpful suggestions and just chit chat. When you get some loyal friends then you can start tactfully promoting your business

I never tried social sites before, but I've heard good things. Just like the users said above you're going to have to keep updating your account though with new sites. And definitely have a ton of friends.

Yes this is correct. With Facebook you get to meet professional people there. I just discovered they've got lots of options for building friends:

1. Inviting friends
2. Making a fan page of become a fan
3. Creating or joining groups

banners
Back