The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How many backlinks per day?

jonathan9926

affiliate
How many backlinks per day? I'm at the stage where I'm trying to get backlinks to my site. My question is, how many backlinks per day should I do? I don't want google to sandbox me.

Thank you for the response.

You can target for 4-5 backlinks per day, which is more than enough.
Eventually, if you make one per day is alos fine... Better to have more backlinks as possible.

Hi Fuzzy!

Personally I believe it's whatever you can do.. the official word is (from Google) you can't be harmed by the number of links pointing to you or how quickly you build them.. because Google or anyone else can't control who's linking to you. A competitor could go out and sabotage you by getting massive numbers of links from bad neighborhoods.. that wouldn't be fair and they know that.

But then, there could be exceptions that I don't know about.. maybe there are ways to detect if YOU are the one getting all those links for example and certain patterns are flagged.

I haven't ever personally had an experience of being sandboxed because of link building.. I'm always focused on variety. In other words, I don't go out and get 100s or 1000s of the same kind of link in one day. I use a variety of methods and don't mass build. My overall strategies don't require it..

Good Luck!!

I personally have more of "per week" agenda, rather then daily backlinks. This way, you don't focus only on the amount of backlinks every day. There are so many other tasks to do - backlinks are just a tiny drop of it. So even if today I didnt do any backlinks, I am sure at some point during the week, I will get it done :)

There is no equation to it. Try to find your own pace and stick with it.

You can build quite a little bit of backlink at a time on a daily basis

The only way you get sandbox doing it is when you don't do it all

And all of the sudden, you get a tons of it at once

And worst case scenario is when you get those backlinks using only one anchor text...

I agree with Web Dev. Using the same anchor text in all your backlinks starts to look "Spammy" and could throw up a red flag.

You'd better start with natural backlinks building - links with the anchor text looking "yoursite.com" or "here" or "website".

I would say not to worry so much about the the quantity of your backlinks. Concentrate more on the quality of them. 1 good quality backlink is worth a thousand crappy ones so just do as many as you can each day but don't worry about the quantity overall. Make sure you work hard at getting some great quality ones instead.

Well I think that the number of back links per day depends on the age of your domain and how many back links you already have to your site. If you have a brand new site and you have barely any back links then I think getting too many back links at once could harm you.

But when you do start building back links for an established site, then I would say it doesn't matter on the amount of back links you get as long as you are doing them naturally. As long as you aren't using software or spam to get too many links I think you'll be good.

I honestly am not sure about this backlinking can get you banned thing. If you think about it, a merchant launches an affiliate program and suddenly loads of affiliates are linking to the site, doesn't get them banned. I think it's the pattern of linking that matters. Keep things consistent and vary the type of site. So not all from blogs or forums. Mix it up a little.

I honestly am not sure about this backlinking can get you banned thing.

I don't think anyone was suggesting you could get banned... more like your links might come under scrutiny (e.g., are you buying links?) and/or you mught be sandboxed (if indeed that still exists, which isn't certain).

100, 1000, 10, 000 a day, it doesnt matter and i dont believe that search engines have sanctions for massive backlinks building. It all depends on how many backlinks you can build, dont limit yourself to some 4 to 10 backlinks a day because it wont work for you no matter the kind of niche of your site. Keep on building backlinks and forget about limitation.

100, 1000, 10, 000 a day, it doesnt matter and i dont believe that search engines have sanctions for massive backlinks building.

Read through the literature from Google and you'll see lots of references to concepts like organic linking vs. artifical linking schemes. Organic links don't typically come in chunks of 100, 1000, and 10000 a day: they dribble in a few at a time. The only way you get that many new links a day is through some sort of link exchange network or buying links, and that will definitely flag you for investigation.

Read through the literature from Google and you'll see lots of references to concepts like organic linking vs. artifical linking schemes. Organic links don't typically come in chunks of 100, 1000, and 10000 a day: they dribble in a few at a time. The only way you get that many new links a day is through some sort of link exchange network or buying links, and that will definitely flag you for investigation.

Not altogether true.

A blog post or video which goes viral will get hundreds or thousands of links in a very short amount of time. The same is true for breaking news stories.

If google were to flag/deindex sites for getting hundreds or thousands of one way links in a very short period of time then most online news outlets would be destroyed.

The real answer to this question is that there is no answer. A trusted site can probably get away with gaining thousands an hour, while a brand new site doing the same would probably be under scrutiny but not suffer any consequences unless it was plainly obvious they were doing something wrong.

Anyway most top level SEO sources would say that Google just devalues inbound links if they are shady.

Yes, that is the exception to the rule. But I know of someone who was dropped by Google AdSense a few years ago after a Digg story made page 1 and he had to apply for reinstatement proving that the Digg story was the reason (he was successful).

But that's a bit beyond the question the OP was asking.

Everyday, i do natural bancklinks to my sites about 10 links per day or less if i am too lazy or don't have enought time.
I think if your backlinks are natural, created manually, not with bots or others cheats, Google won't ban you.

Yes, that is the exception to the rule. But I know of someone who was dropped by Google AdSense a few years ago after a Digg story made page 1 and he had to apply for reinstatement proving that the Digg story was the reason (he was successful).

But that's a bit beyond the question the OP was asking.
That happens a lot.. even with aff programs like eBay I know individuals who get shut down (usually temporarily until they plead their case) because of a spike in clicks and revenue. (PPC this happens a lot because we can put up a campaign and get flooded in hours if we hit it right.. so it could appear to be spam or whatever)..

..or one person I know got let go from an aff program. They couldn't keep up with the orders so they let the affiliate go! lol...

Bit off topic..

I use a few tools to automate different kinds of submissions and haven't seen any negative affects.. But here's the thing.. it all comes down to not clicking the Red Button. I repeat, Do NOT click the red button.. EVER. Or you will risk being banned not only from Google, BUT the entire Internet. :p

Focus On Quality, Not Quantity

I have found that you can do amazingly well by forgetting about "the number of links", and instead, focus on the *quality* of those links. It's not really a numbers game as it was in the past.

A simple little plan I follow that works extremely well.

1. focus your efforts on having 20 quality and unique articles, published on 20 quality websites
  2. be sure to include 2 to 3 links in each article pointing back to the important pages on your site
  3. be sure to vary the anchor text in each article
  4. be sure to stay away and not waste your articles in the article directories
If you follow this simple little plan you will have 40-60 quality links pointing at the important pages on your site.

It has been 1month and 2 weeks on my domain. So my first website is now PR3. Number 2 in the serps for my chosen keyword. According to submit suite, I have 630ish backlinks. I made $30 two weeks ago and been getting a steady stream of 30-50 visitors per day but I haven't made a sale since.

I think I need to target better keywords. At least I can target the higher competitive ones by now. I'm thinking of making a squeeze page for every product rather than doing a normal/average customer joe review since the reviews are not working.

I'm not really sure which links have quality. I just do random link building before and social marketing. I only have less than 10 articles but I submitted them to a lot of sites. At least I have somewhat of a map now since I bookmarked all of the sites I made links on and they were effective on getting me to PR3.

I just spent another $70 buying a couple of domains for new niches I'm going to work on. I think I bought around 7, for 2 years, private. I'm crossing my fingers, hoping to make some steady decent money in 2-3 months.

Hopefully Google won't be a big stinky angry dog in heat in 3 months.

One of my competitors though only has 150 backlinks and he has the number one spot for my keyword. But his site is 8 years old and PR4. I don't know if I can beat that.

Woorank says I have 25 backlinks and he has 60 backlinks. So I don't know what is happening with the numbers.

MI
Back