The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How long is are email addresses marked as spam?

affilimate

affiliate
Hi,
if an email adress has a bad reputation and mails are marked as spam:
For how long will it be like that?
Days, weeks, month or forever?
Is it easier to start with a new address, or re-warmup an old one marked as spammy?
Thanks for your help

• By a user --forever (in theory)
  • By an email service like Gmail, Outlook (public server); if enough of their users mark that emailer (you) as spam --your entire domain and often the sending SMTP server and it's IP.
  • So, your host might remediate (remedy/fix) the problem by giving you the boot. Now your website is offline and you have a bad reputation.

Use only opt-in or double opt-it email lists (preferably email users that subscribed to your email [newsletter, promotions]).

Use only opt-in or double opt-it email lists (preferably email users that subscribed to your email [newsletter, promotions]).
Thanks, graybeard.
To be honest, i am working with well scraped addresses since a long time (but it´s not affiliate-realated, i provide a service..
My opening rate is about 25%, i have goid results with this, but of cause everything good can be improved.
I have no idea how my repuatation is, but my email strategy works.
That is why i will not delete my email-list and start to buil a double opt-in one..
And why ia am asking if a new address could even improve my results.

Here is a tutorial of how to use the mxtool banlist
Sending emails to scraped addresses is spam
Maybe, you can run under the radar with B2B until your host gets enough complaints

If you are in the US, Canada or the EU you could end up in court and get fined.
If you reside in idontgiveafuckisstan: If you travel to the US, Canada or the EU you could end up under arrest when entering the country.

Nothing is illegal until you get caught.

MI
Back