The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How long does Google take

dcrew

affiliate
Despite painstaking SEO and other steps for pormotion, Google says my site has no back links!! Any suggestions?

google says I have no backlinks

Several reasons for not having backlinks showing on Google. Google does not display all backlinks but shows only a sample of them. Secondly, your backlinks can take a long time before they show up. Thirdly, quality links are important. Fourthly, get links from sites that Google considers trusted sites, for example press release sites. Get links from sites that have at least a PR 4 and that have a theme relevant to your site.

Despite painstaking SEO and other steps for pormotion, Google says my site has no back links!! Any suggestions?

c'mmon all you have to do is to relax and enjoy your job you should learn to manage your time to be able to joggle your tasks well... regarding with backlinks yes of course it does count in what we so called "link building" you should be submitting to directories, using signatures with links to your site whenever you do forum posting and should really consider hyper links whenever you are using your keywords for ranking and also not to forget blog posts and article submission as well wherein it has links directing to your site.... oooppps you might as well consider doing an exchange link with those related to yours...

thanks...

Googles backward links are very much harder to get, becasue it'll only accpet quailty links (usually from directories or a link iwht anchor text with oyur keywords surrounds by lexically related words)

but i can usually get indexed in 24hrs. try publishing an article in ezine articles or somewhere like that. google likes that a lot better. otherwise press releases if you want a quicker response.

Google takes very long time to show up. But you shouldnt stop getting backlinks from Relevant links.
However Yahoo is not like that.

I stand by with beamup. He is giving the right pill to you. Cheer up and start collecting links to your site. Sooner or later they will bear fruits.:)

As others have said, it does take a long time. I have heard of some taking months. It takes time to build your backlinks to the degree where google will notice. Just keep working at it and you will soon see it!

the amount of links you need to get top positions is directly related to the top sites for the keywords you are targeting.

Google finds links fast, but as stated, they only show a portion.

Even low PR pages are indexed fairly quickly if you build links. Gauge your links of off altavista and yahoo. Google probably has more indexed since they index quicker.

I learned from my friend's webmaster forum how to check backlinks using Yahoo. It supposedly gives you a more accurate count. Here's what you type at Yahoo search...

linkdomain:mywebsite.com -site:mywebsite.com

You can also check Google for pages indexed by using this in Google search

site:mywebsite.com

substitute mywebsite for your domain and don't put a space between the colon and the domain name and don't put in www or http.

Hope this helps.

Well, one of my website ( its a directory) took about 2 months to get backlinked to Google. But one thing is bothering me. I had 41 page backlinked to Google and after 3 months ( which is recent) the number has reduced to 16. I am just wondering why this is happening? any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Since I started participating in forums, it took about a month or so before I saw our backlinks from forums at Google.. My advice is to just continue on with building targeted and quality backlinks for the meantime ;)

Well, one of my website ( its a directory) took about 2 months to get backlinked to Google. But one thing is bothering me. I had 41 page backlinked to Google and after 3 months ( which is recent) the number has reduced to 16. I am just wondering why this is happening? any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Google doesn't like directories and in their last update they clerly devalued a lot of popular directories inclusing the big ones like Clush and iWebTool directory.

As far as getting indexed by Google, my blog is less than one week old and I've already been indexed. I followed my friend Dave's tips here...

How to Get Indexed by Google

He swears by these techniques to get you indexed in less than a week and all of his forum members who have followed the techniques have been indexed in under a week. His post is also on the first page of Google for "How to get indexed by Google" only behind Darren Rowse (Problogger) and a few other links.

You can get indexed within 24-48 hours many ways. The key is to get your link out there to as many places as you can. DO NOT USE THE "SUMIT MY SITE."

Here are some good places to get backlinks in spades, one-way too:
  • Forums
  • Social bookmarking sites
  • Article submission
  • Social networking sites (many allow you to put "my homepage" in the profile)
  • Blog posts. Link to relevant pages on your site with each blog post. Deep link, not just the home page.
  • Squidoo
  • Hub pages

You'll have your site all over the net in no time. Just remember to use anchor text with your keyword phrases wherever it's allowed. Never use the "click here" link.

One more thing, do you have your site set up so that all of your pages link to one another? That's also something that should be done. Concentrate more on leaving your "mark" out there rather than the minuscule results you'll get from on-page strategies like keyword density and <alt image> tags and all that other stuff you may hear you should be focusing on.

Have fun with it, get creative.

Sheree

By trusted sites these include .edu and .gov sites. I have been blog commenting such sites (usually PR4 onwards) and got backlinks from Yahoo, but not Google (still waiting). I recently found out a quick way to search for these .edu and .gov sites from search engines to do my blog commenting.

Peter Lee

Several reasons for not having backlinks showing on Google. Google does not display all backlinks but shows only a sample of them. Secondly, your backlinks can take a long time before they show up. Thirdly, quality links are important. Fourthly, get links from sites that Google considers trusted sites, for example press release sites. Get links from sites that have at least a PR 4 and that have a theme relevant to your site.

Note re: .edu and .gov sites. Unless they are targeted to your niche they may not do you much good. Many use nofollow on the links, in which case they won't pass any juice.

How about this strategy???

Knowing what I know now, if I were to build a new site and I was new at the game - I would work to get links for PEOPLE initially, not search engines. WHY? Ultimately what you want is traffic. Even if you get lots of back links, in competitive markets you may not get high enough to get much search traffic.

SO if you focus on finding out where people that fit your niche hang out and comment on related forums, blogs, social networks, etc. You'll get targeted traffic from people who are interested in your niche AND even better yet some of those people that see your link may blog about you or add you to their blog roll. And then some of THEIR readers may visit and some of those will link to you as well. So your efforts can multiply IF you generate good content and IF you target your efforts, based on your niche.

So you can get traffic 1st and then 2ndly some of those links will help with search engines too.
But if you focus on getting links for PEOPLE 1st you may get further in the long run.

Press release sites?

Someone here mentioned press release sites, and I just saw this mentioned elsewhere as a way to get backlinks. As in, write a press release, quote yourself as an expert with a link to your site, and pay for it to be sent out as a press release.

Does this actually work? Obviously you would have to back it up with having a good quality, well-written informative site with lots of fresh content, but does this help sites get indexed or gain rank?

In a way it seems too good to be true, because if that worked I would think everyone would be bombarding those press release sites with their press releases, and it would be sort of like a paid link.

But if it works, I'd certainly give it a whirl! It doesn't seem exceptionally black hat.

banners
Back