The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How long before making money

Iceman

What do you guys think the time frame should be, in terms of making money with a new site?

I am referring to more along the lines of gaining the advertisers such as adsense and adsdaq. But, even advertisers that pay to be on your site?

Any insight would be helpful.

I think in order to answer this best, we need more specifics... What type of website is it?

I have blogs that make money within hours of going live, but nothing that will lead you to an early retirement.

Please give us more specifics.

I think it is important to note that with adsense ads you will see money, but not a lot of it. You might see faster returns on money through an affiliate network or direct ads rather then adsense or something like that.

It depends on what niche you are in and how much traffic you are able to get to your website

Also there are things like page conversion and ad formatting that affects whether people will click or not

A realistic expectation is about 3 months before you start to see a steady income. Obviously you will need to have good traffic generating strategies in place

Well you can start making money pretty soon with adsense and such programs but to get a steady stream of income you need to promote and do a good affiliate marketing.

I don't recommend Google Adwords for those who are not familiar or are new to internet business.

Personally, i lost quite an amount of money due to lack of experience.
Google Adwords need to take some time to learn and master it.

I am sorry about not giving specifics. I am referring to a web site that focuses on how to sell.

Basically selling techniques, marketing techniques, sales training and sales planning. In addition there are blogs and we keep adding new content.

Real life experiences and all types of sales, from residential to commercial, business to business. Door to door sales and telemarketing, along with advertising.

Tell me what you think?

Thanks

im making money with blog, im use adsense .. but ive problem to get visitors.. 1 month i just got $1. its not good for me... :confused::confused:

Traffic + Conversion = Profits

It's a difficult question because there are so many variables such as topic, competition, merchant's ability to convert, type of website you plan to develop, your skill set, length of your learning curve, etc.

One thing though to keep in mind with respect to making money with affiliate programs is that it is all about conversion rate.

If you're marketing a product that retails for $250 and your earning 10%, then each time you refer a customer who makes that purchase you will earn a $25 commission.

The thing you really need to know is how many visitors on average do you need to send your merchant in order to get one sale. Once you know that you can then do some projections. If it's 1:100 then for every 100 visitors you send you will earn $25.

Send them 100 visitors and you will earn $25.
Send them 1000 visitors and you will earn $250.
Send them 10000 visitors and you will earn $2500.

As the saying goes "the cleanliness of theory is match for the mess of reality", but it is important to understand that conversion rate is everything when it comes to earning income online.

I think Ken McCarthy probably says it best: Traffic + Conversion = Profits

James

Oh, I was going to say on the topic of Google AdSense is the way to make money with them is too make sure you are running Google Tracking Channels on a page-by-page basis.

Most simply ad Google AdSense to all there pages and never do any real tracking or analysis. This is why Google Tracking Channels.

I find that it is very common for me to run a report and see that 180 out of 200 pages on my website are making pennies a click. It's is also very common to see a few pages earning $0.90 a click or $1.41 a click or $2.96 a click.

It's also common to see that these few money pages are also not receiving much traffic because they are buried somewhere deep in the website. By using Google Tracking Channels you can identify these pages and begin to work on their SEO and other ways to drive traffic to them.

If you have one page on your site earning $1.41 per click and it's receiving one click every three days, that's a bad thing -- but if all of the sudden you spend a little time promoting that specific page and you can get it up to 10 clicks a day...that's $423 a month!

As for being "no money in AdSense, Google paid out $3,000,000,000 (that's Billion) to AdSense publishers in 2007. There is BIG money in AdSense if you know what you're doing.

James

As always James, wonderful and insightful. Thank you for taking the time to contribute here. All the best for 2009.

thanks for the tips, im newbie, I only worry, I may need to learn how to get more visitor traffic and create content that is interesting ... I tried to participate in affiliate amazon until now have not one item is sold. This truly makes me stress

There is nothing to stress over. You must look at this as a business, and the average business does not make a profit for 4 years, Mr. Martell just posted a brilliant article in the SEO forum with the basics of a plan to get 10k keywords in about 8 months. you can read about it here.

Then he stated earlier to make sure you have channels on adsense to track better paying pages so you can work on increasing traffic on these pages.

Here is another tip that most PRO's understand that few others do, Mr. Martell also stated that a certain page at the example information would produce a litte over 400 bucks a month, not that impressive of a number, is it? But if you get 100 pages doing this every month, you are in a whole new ballgame and can bring an income better than a doctor makes in less than a year if you work smart and build your business the right way.

You do not have to go after 2 word phrases or even 1 word phrases, but rather 100's of smaller producing pages that make a couple hundred a month each.

An 800 page site can bring in 40 k a month if setup right, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Watch your stats, use common sense and think the issues through and you can build a tremendous business in no time.

banners
Back