The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How is social media transforming consumer engagement and marketing?

stephanieb

affiliate
Do you think that the smart progressive brands are entering the space because they feel 'they have to be there' or is it because they are finding that their customers are in the space first and they want to 'add value' to the community & or their customers?

Or do you think companies are just trying to build brand & acquire customers through this medium?

little bit of both

I believe its a mixture of both. I just got back from PubCon Austin and social media was one of the main topics, specifically Twitter! The reason behind Twitter's exponential growth is a. big brands were the early adapters and b.It providers users with real time useful information with minimal self-promotional messages. therefore Twitter allows you to build a community and expand your social graph.

@revenuewire on twitter.

Do you think that the smart progressive brands are entering the space because they feel 'they have to be there' or is it because they are finding that their customers are in the space first and they want to 'add value' to the community & or their customers?

Or do you think companies are just trying to build brand & acquire customers through this medium?

A combination of everything you just said. Some brands are "reactive", and entering the social media because they need a presence...but really under-deliver when it comes to carrying out a social media marketing plan.

Some are more proactive...see the social media as an opportunity to reach deeper into their customer base, getting more social with that base (go figure, social media right?)...and increasing brand awareness and sales as a result.

I don't think you can directly acquire customers with the social media...I think that using social media properly creates the atmosphere in which to acquire new customers (big difference) by creating first of mind awareness.

banners
Back