The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How Important Are Opt-in lists?

B

BMWilliams

I get asked this question a lot so I decided to create this thread, hopefully it'll be of great use to all.
When I first began as an affiliate marketer I used to just buy the domain space and forward all the traffic directly to the sales page of whatever product I chose to market. It worked, but could things have been better? Could I have made more money? The pro's to this method is that it forced me to take my time and select a great product with a strong sales page. But as I furthered my knowledge of the business I learned about opt-in lists. Being that I worked in sales, I knew the importance of overcoming objectives and rehashing. And opt-in lists created that opportunity for just that. Opt-in lists give you the opportunity to market to a list of subscribers who took initial interest in what you have to offer. But how many of these potential customers check their email? How convincing would your auto-respond info have to be to get the sales of those who chose not to purchase the first time? Does it really matter? After all, it doesn't hurt to market to an already existing line of traffic. Learn it and use it! It's beneficial.

In my experience they are vital!

Assuming you want tom make real money of course :)

Here's an example. One of my friends waited 9 months before he started his. He estimates not doing so right from the start cast him half a million.

I credit 80% of my income to my Lists.

Why?

It's through the relationships you build with your lists that explode your income (over just sending them to a sales page and hoping they buy)

People buy from people they know, like and trust. Your list allows this relationship to develop.

i think opt in list is a priorety and a must ....it should be built from the very first moment someones decide to be an affiliate ..but the way you handle your list is what determines how many opens your emails and click your links....

the most important things to be considered are:
1- providing quality content to your readers
2-giving them links to free resources (not only products to buy)
3-showing your personality
4-giving homework assignments
5-taking action when you notice unsubscription and seeking a feedback
and never giving up

This is a great post and topic especially for new people in this profession. I think one of the biggest mistakes most new people make when they decide to get into affiliate, network, or internet marketing is not creating and maintaining a opt-in list right from the start. I was one of them.

You see we get in with the dream of making it big on the internet and get sold on the idea of how much money we can make by selling other peoples products and services without ever learning what it takes to be effective at selling.

I love the information provided here on what to do with a list and I would like to provide a little information on how to build one.

I would say first and far most your capture page has to be something that is attractive and does not provide a lot of details. What you really want to do it provide just enough information for people to see how whatever it is you are offering will solve their problem, question, or desire.

The key is mystery and attraction needs to be the first thing people get when they visit your capture page. If you do that the closing of the deal will be 95% higher guaranteed.

I hope this helps to answer the question how important are opt-in list? Your opt-in list is like a gold mine and should be always developed and protected to optimize your income earnings over time.

I always like to use opt-in lists for mailing out my emails. I know that the people I'm sending the email to are interested in what I have to offer.:)

You might have heard the saying that the ?money is in the list? but not really understood what it means or why it is so important.
Simply put, having a mailing list gives you the power to contact people again and again, promoting your products, your services, your website...whatever you like and it?s for free, and now that people receive their emails on their phones rather than having to log on to their computers at home, it gives you the power to be able to contact them anytime and anywhere.
Despite being so easy to do, email marketing comes with so many responsibilities. A poorly executed email campaign is a dangerous thing: Get it wrong, you will enrage 90% of your email list; get it right and you will be able to engage with your subscribers, building a relationship based on trust and respect that not only encourages them to keep on buying from you, but also to tell their friends.

banners
Back