The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How easy is updating Meta Tags, Titles, Descriptions in Dreamweaver?

audall

affiliate
Hello,
I sincerely appreciate it if someone can help me understand the process of updating meta tags, titles, and descriptions in dreamweaver for my website.

I might have a web design company update my website's page titles, meta tag description, and keywords for the 12 pages on my website. But I am thinking this might be pretty simple to do myself!

The company says it will take them 2.5 hours and have broken their time and steps below. I would be supplying all the text to be cut and pasted in.

I'm hoping someone can help me understand whether this is legit or, it's super easy and could be done MUCH faster. I only have 12 pages in my website. This is how they broke down their time.

Scope of Work:

1. Review SEO worksheet / correspondence
- 30 min
2. Modify Dreamweaver Template to allow for unique meta tags on each page, add alternative text to image tags
- 30 min
3. Implement unique title/meta tags for each page
- 45 min
4. Archive and add meta tags to TypePad template
- 30 min
5. Upload site to production and review
- 15 min

I appreciate your feedback!

Audall

Audall,

It is very easy to update in Dreamweaver. But the big question is, do you know how to edit and upload files to your server? It would really help in answering the question if we new your level of skills in this area.

The other question is, are you giving the company all the titles and meta tags or are they doing it all on their own? Just curious.

Hi Ron,
Thanks for your feedback/questions. I don't know how to update and upload the files to my server. So I suppose my level of skills are pretty low.
Also, I gave the company all the titles, meta tags, and keywords. I wrote it all out for them on a worksheet they gave me. So they just copied exactly what I wrote and pasted it in their program. I imagine writing the content is the time-intensive part. Although I can't update dreamweaver myself, I imagine that pasting/copying this info into 12 pages on my site via dreamweaver is a matter of clicking a few buttons for each page. Thus, when they say it takes 30 minutes to do this, 45 minutes to do that--it all sounds like a bit of BS. But I could be wrong! I hope an expert can enlighten me.

Thanks...

It doesn't sound to me as though their estimates are out of line with what's required, although I admit I don't know Typepad very well.

This could be done very easily in WordPress in a matter of minutes by installing one plugin and filling in a few text boxes in the settings page. It wouldn't require Dreamweaver at all.

Is there a reason for using Typepad rather than Wordpress?

MI
Back