The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How does alexa rank

Traffiker

affiliate
Though Google is the primary search engine for most internet users, how did Yahoo become the first rank holder in Alexa ratings? How does Alexa give rankings to sites?

alexa ranks sites according to the number of visitors who view them that have an alexa toolbar installed on their browser.

I dont believe alexa ranking. Alexa ranking only for those sites who keep alexa tracking code in their site. (i think so. Not sure)
Why bcoz some webmasters says "your alexa ranking will increase if you keep their code"

thanks.

I dont believe alexa ranking. Alexa ranking only for those sites who keep alexa tracking code in their site. (i think so. Not sure)
Why bcoz some webmasters says "your alexa ranking will increase if you keep their code"

your alexa ranking will only increase if the visitors who visit your website have an alexa toolbar. the more visitors with alexa toolbar that visit your website, the higher your alexa ranking

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, Google is dominant on web searching arena but Yahoo has other services are welcomed by its users. Especially the Yahoo mail, I think it is still the top service on Internet. :)

Alexa gives estimate only depending on the number of users that have Alexa toolbar installed on their site. This estimate is rough and cannot be considered full proof.

MI
Back