The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How do you see the future of Social media websites

I

IBW Solutions

As the title indicates, how do you see the short term and long term future not only of the websites themselves but the users as well.

1. Will twitter introduce charges?
My opinion: I feel a small fee after a month or so might keep the majority of members, a pound or a fiver maybe - look at Friends Reunited, originally join for a fiver.
2. How many members stop posting after a while and become inactive?
My opinion: For me I'm not sure, I think like all forums the active members is relatively low - does anyone have any stats on this?
3. Is this a fad that will die out?
My Opinion: Maybe for twitter will die down or change it's media model but not for business social websites or networking sites like Linkedin I think will remain strong, I get more satisfaction from Linkedin but that maybe because I'm B2B where as twitter is ideal for B2C

I've opened a group on Linked regarding this topic, let me know your thoughts. Search for iainwilliams or ibwsolutions

Do you see Social media networking as work or social?

Iain

Iain,
I think social media are fantastic new innovation on the web but I think they will fizzle out eventually when the next big thing arrived.

Iain,
I think social media are fantastic new innovation on the web but I think they will fizzle out eventually when the next big thing arrived.

As the title indicates, how do you see the short term and long term future not only of the websites themselves but the users as well.

My opinion: I feel a small fee after a month or so might keep the majority of members, a pound or a fiver maybe - look at Friends Reunited, originally join for a fiver.
My opinion: For me I'm not sure, I think like all forums the active members is relatively low - does anyone have any stats on this?
My Opinion: Maybe for twitter will die down or change it's media model but not for business social websites or networking sites like Linkedin I think will remain strong, I get more satisfaction from Linkedin but that maybe because I'm B2B where as twitter is ideal for B2C

I've opened a group on Linked regarding this topic, let me know your thoughts. Search for iainwilliams or ibwsolutions

Iain

1. Could do(make member charge), but would lose many members. I think advertising maybe the way also charging 3rd parties for accessing data.

2. At the moment twitter is becoming more and more active. See alexa.com or compete for data.

3. It's a fad that will change. I doubt it will die, just change it's form. I do consider it a bit like a pyramid scheme however - it worth doing while it's attracting more people into the pile. Once it gets to a certain point then the click through rates will fall and you be best advised to no longer invest time in it.

What is linked? Do you mean LinkedIn?

Iain,
How would you define 'social media'? If it's a people focused definition then I don't agree it will fizzle out. People are the heart of the internet and it will continue to be that way.

Iain

hmmmm....

it's still social... because, you can interact with other people through network.....also social networking helps a lot in SEO, in promoting their sites :D

3. It's a fad that will change. I doubt it will die, just change it's form. I do consider it a bit like a pyramid scheme however - it worth doing while it's attracting more people into the pile. Once it gets to a certain point then the click through rates will fall and you be best advised to no longer invest time in it.

What is linked? Do you mean LinkedIn?

Yes, I think it will peak and then it will lose it's appeal but die harders will continue with it, however I don't think we're near it peaking for a long time yet.

Yep, meant linkedin.

Do find on twitter that it's already having more people promote their business rather than chatting - which i believe is against the social etiquette - do you agree?

Do find on twitter that it's already having more people promote their business rather than chatting - which i believe is against the social etiquette - do you agree?

I'm in two minds about that.
Most people there are promoting, either directly or indirectly. So promotion is part of the game.
There is no 'rules' of social etiquette on twitter it seems - yes there are unwritten rules that each may bring to the situation but nothing more then that. The basic choice of each people on twitter could be to to unfollow someone and if necessary block them for any or no reason.

banners
Back