The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do you keep all your affiliate programs & links organized?

ArizonaJay

<b>5 Star Moderator</b>
affiliate
I know I can just use a spreadsheet, but it seems that there might be somethng that is already set up and all-inclusive. Free would be nice, too.

Suggestions?

I use just plain old notepad for Affiliate Programs links, and passwords. It loads fast, easy to use and edit.

For my Affiliate Links on websites or promotions I use excel spreadsheet because it is more flexable when using the more detailed information like tracking ID'd, redirects etc.

Spreadsheets are also good to use for keywords (easy to sort and no duplicates), also with the functions you can use in spreadsheets you can even make a break even analyzer to analyze different Programs, and what you would have to make compared to cost of advertising to see if a program is worth promoting.

Link Master

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a coder, and use a pretty simple database for managing my links etc. This is something I built after the whole ebay switching networks ordeal. Now whenever I want to switch out/test merchants or promotions it is pretty systematic.

Basically if you are a coder/have a coder, they should be able to churn out a system for this pretty easily.

I have it so that my sites pull the links on the fly. I can set a percentage for each group 95% of the time show link A, 2% show link B, 2% show link C, 1% show link D.

If a merchant drops on CJ, or if new deals come up etc, I can swap out all my links and content on the fly.

Again, if you need some help getting this done, I can show you the DB designs that work for me etc. It isn't something that you will be able to accomplish without a coder/technical person however.

I would say the spread sheet is always a good option, I prefer it since it will hold the information a little bit more organized than the notepad,

but I?m also a developer and Im setting a tool to centralize all the affiliate programs :D

I am a coder, and use a pretty simple database for managing my links etc. This is something I built after the whole ebay switching networks ordeal. Now whenever I want to switch out/test merchants or promotions it is pretty systematic.

Basically if you are a coder/have a coder, they should be able to churn out a system for this pretty easily.

I have it so that my sites pull the links on the fly. I can set a percentage for each group 95% of the time show link A, 2% show link B, 2% show link C, 1% show link D.

If a merchant drops on CJ, or if new deals come up etc, I can swap out all my links and content on the fly.

Again, if you need some help getting this done, I can show you the DB designs that work for me etc. It isn't something that you will be able to accomplish without a coder/technical person however.

Google Ad Manager can accomplish this (or Openx, but I use G's).. You can set creative weights to accomplish percentage serving.. so you could do a straight split-test or if you want to keep your better performer and serve your tests less of the time, you can do things like that..

..and you can serve just about anything from banners, adsense, html content..

You create placements across as many sites and pages as you want.. and like you said, if something happens, you can just flip out the code in one place instead of going to all those pages on the web.

Beyond that a good link and redirect management software can manage the rest for you.. For several years now I've used Gotrythis software (self-served version.. not hosted) which manages thousands of website redirect links for me across a bunch of sites (with a central install). All the links can be categorized and tagged to easily find them.. (they are also graphed, time stamped and ordered in other ways) and again, if you have links in reports, ebooks, forums wherever.. you only need to change that link in one place if something changes with it.

HTH!

I use Spreadsheet for all types of accounts, passwords, links and credit cards, it's great way to save time and effort. however one must make a backup copy of it in case it was mistakenly deleted

I use cloaker/tracker

I use a spreadsheet to keep all data and then robo form for quick and easy login of each program.

Hi, I am using a simple and cheap site where all my links get tracked, can be changed and given names. Therefore it is easy for me to see stats, traffic sources and also if a campaign runs out redirect the traffic. Real time saver. Used to have my own spreadsheet but this is better.

MI
Back