The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do you find if the cpa offer is worth promoting

seeqer

AffKit Ninja
Hi guys.

I need some advices.

Today I realized that my method to select the products based on its reputation is not working.

What I do is that I go on a website such as ripoffreport.com to see if a cpa offer is worth promoting. The most important thing that I look for are comments about refund. Everyone makes mistakes including companies and if there is a refund policy, then the refund has to be done properly. Companies that has refund policies and keep the money (on purpose or because they are to disorganized) has to be avoided. Also I look to see if the advertising is not described as being misleading.

In one case (an offer from a cpa network that is NOT Peerfly), it was about a promoting a "free" giftcard. You know, the kind of giftcard that give 500$ to 1000$ with a big company name on it and requires participation. It was popular and had a nice EPC. The problem is when I googled it I found out a lot of people complained about being overwhelmed with a lot and a lot of emails per day. Some went as far as saying they had been flooded with emails even on their mobile phone.

Turns out that particular company had a very bad rep. They were sharing with their partners the customers contact information (as it was said in their privacy policy). Also to opt-out of all the advertising list was said to be difficult because they were a lot of website to go through. People had no clear instructions on how to opt-out completely and felt they were lead by the nose in a never ending loop of opting-out.

The thing is, I was making a website for giftcards and coupons to promote the cpa offers of that type. My name was going to be on my website. Some of the complainer said to watch out for those fake review site that were made by what was probably made by people working for that company.

By association, I could of been stuck with a bad rep. I do not want to be seen as one of these "agent" of the dark forces of email flooding evil.

This was a cold shower for me.

So since then I have been trying to screen whatever I tried to promote. Today I found out that an offer that I felt was bad turn out to be a genuine product that was shown on television and also its company was selling the same product but in a different format on amazon.com.

This meant that the company is genuine. This made me question my approach.

Amazon.com, Walmart, MacDonald, Ebay and all the big companies have dozens of pages of complaints. Yet they are genuine company that are not out there trying to scam us or make our lives difficult.

Mistakes will happen with every company and with everyone.

Also when someone is pissed off, that someone might share it with the world BUT when the problem is solved that someone might not say to the world that the problem was solved. So us, the readers are left with a bad impression about that company. Also they are way more website where people say that a product or a company is bad than they are website that say that a product or a company is good.

As for those review sites that are actually affiliates that do a review, it makes finding genuine objective reviews difficult. Anyone who earns a commission with the purchased of the reviewed product lose credibility.

So my fellow brethren, I come to you today, to know how (and if) you screen the offers to know which one are worth putting your name next to it, without worrying to have a bad reputation and lose your credibility.

Sorry for the long post, but my concerns are genuine as I am sure I am not the only one wondering about this.

I wasted so much time doing these screening. As a newbie there is a lot I need to learn in the ways of the cool affiliate side of the Force.

Hmm never seen this approach before, i'd simply advice going over to your network and clicking the "EPC" tab and grabbing what fits. Alternatively ask you AM.

Thanks for the answer.

Actually, looking at the EPC I do it all the time but last time that giftcard offer had a nice EPC. If I had not looked at its reputation online and if I had made that website for giftcard and coupons and put it on that offer on it, I would of been labeled as a servant of spammers.

That is bad.

If one day I do a review site or say to potential customer that an offer that I am showing is a good offer, if I have a reputation of being a spammer or working for spammers, it will hurt my business.

That is what I want to avoid.

I like to find offers that pay anywhere from $3-$7 most of the time. When selecting an offer, I chose an offer I can relate to. Something that I actually know something about and I design my ads based on something I feel like I would be looking for.

MI
Back