The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do you feel about websites, which beg for money

Paul_KY

affiliate
or ask for donations?

How about those sites, which ask you to use their affiliate links to buy/use online products? (Against most network's TOS btw, and they'll shut down your account in a heartbeat if they find you in violation)

Do you feel it's tacky?

Paul

Paul,
I think it depends on what the site is asking the money for. If its a programmer who has developed a useful script but does not want to charge users but prefer them to contribute whatever they like I think that is okay.

Other raise find for good causes, but if its just to enrich a person then I don't think its cool at all
Temi

:)

I agree with Temi, in some cases it's not distubing. The thing that i really hate about some sites is the amount of pop-ups they use to make money, when i load a site i get 3-4 pop-ups and banners to afilliate site. that sucks. People offering you an option to make a contribution to their projects.. ehh. works :)

Radu,
I have made it a rule surf away from a site with several POP up as its guranteed to be a crapy site.

:)

Temi, what if i am interested in the content of the site??... and i really need tot see it. :) i can't just surf away :). Thank God for pop-up blockers

Radu,
You are right ........ it the contents is a MUST then you have to go to the site with you pop up blocker on.

I just don't visit any site on geocities for example because I know the sites hosted there are POP Up ridden.

Actually, Geocities doesn't use pop-ups. It uses an integrated banner that you can close with one click and it will never bother you again.
Later edit : I have just been to 2 Geocities sites and they have NO banners what-so-ever. e.g. http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Styx/8877/mj/mj.html

And if everybody would stop using that stupid Internet Explorer, there wouldn't be all this commotion about pop-ups and pop-unders and what-not !

FiveseveN,
Unfortunately the browser war was won a few years ago, IE has about 70% or more of the market shares so it will be difficult to persuade 70% of Internet users to change their browser overnight
Temi

In a related story, http://browsehappy.com/why/
And from my experience all 70% of surfers are mindless geeks just as 70% of our (the designers') clients are hillbillies.
You think I say that in madness. I say it in disgust. It's tragic, but I've learnt to live with it.

banners
Back