The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

How Do You Feel About Almighty Google Taking Over?

Viktori

affiliate
Google is slowly and surely taking over all aspects of our lives, and I'm not sure whether to be happy about it or not, but I do understand that it is necessary since it would hardly be advisable for anything or anyone to stagnate, let alone one of the biggest companies on Earth. Google products are now used for pretty much everything including our browsers, phones, and soon possibly also our internet connection itself. How do you feel about this?

It won't be taking over all aspects of our life since our life is not only based on technology. Also, they're not taking over to be honest. They are trying to make a difference and do something good for people (technically). For example, Google Car is a good invention that would help all people with vision disabilities to "drive" safely.

To be honest, I don't really care if Google stays like this, and stays dominant for the next 50 years. They are a good company, updates frequently, and that's an example of a good company. Their products are well thought out and very clever like the Google Car and Google Glass, and I'm sure their products will keep getting better and better each year.

I really believe that Google deserves being at the top because it does not care too much about profit, it cares about improvement and innovation and making life easier with their products and devices.

I am unaware of Google causing any harm (besides squashing the little guys - but that's any business). The trick is to work with Google in order to be successful in your online ventures.

Google already has monopolistic in the search engine market and a few others. Generally, this isn't good for the consumer but it can bring a few benefits too, in terms of more money for R&D which could lead to innovations in their services and products which is what we want.

I never really payed attention to it, but you've brought it to my interest. I agree with Nick; unless our lives were completed controlled by Technology (which it almost is), Google could actually be taking over all forms of Technology. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

Google is doing good at almost everything they're doing, so I have no problem if they monopolise the market with good stuff. Monopolisation is a worthless theory in itself, in my honest opinion, as we all saw how people switched to Chrome and Firefox because Microsoft, a company who had almost everything monopolised, didn't make it to create a good enough browser, so if Google "takes over" and starts ruining the quality of the products, they will be outchosen by other software and companies. Simple as that.

I do not mind Google taking over everything, as long as it does not affect me negatively.

As of now, I am quite satisfied with Google.

In some areas it does seem that Google is so to speak, "Getting too big for it's britches". However, many of us are earning money with them. So what can we do?

By the way, Google is now providing Internet service in some areas. I couldn't believe it when I heard about it, but yes they are. It's reported to be the fastest.

I don't mind one bit! I'd rather them take over as opposed to Apple (iOS rather). I've been so disappointing with Apple products I've bought. I much prefer Android or Microsoft products. I'd even go as far as saying Android/Google have been my favorites. I think they've done a great job and I look forward to how far they will come in the future.

I for one welcome our new internet overlords.

No, but seriously - there still is competition for social media and even search engines
though admittedly Google does control the lions share. In most industries you have 1
or 2 giants that everyone else sort of revolves around. Google also makes it a point
to have a healthy and robust R&D department so they are constantly improving on their
products and methods. They are not stifling innovation by any stretch, and that's usually
what is most worrisome about monopolistic companies.

I for one welcome our new internet overlords.

No, but seriously - there still is competition for social media and even search engines
though admittedly Google does control the lions share. In most industries you have 1
or 2 giants that everyone else sort of revolves around. Google also makes it a point
to have a healthy and robust R&D department so they are constantly improving on their
products and methods. They are not stifling innovation by any stretch, and that's usually
what is most worrisome about monopolistic companies.

That is the great thing about google. They are a company that understands their position of power and uses it to innovate. Unlike many companies (e.g major telecommunication companies), google's products constantly evolve. Every update makes the products easier to use and more accessible. Google's fibre optic internet program is an example of google trying to bring new things for the consumer (although it can be argued that this move is also beneficial to google due to google being a company based on serving content over the internet).

I really like Google and they deserve to be on top. I think not all will be taken over by Google but for some technologies, yes. Google company is very good and their products as well. I'll be happy for them if they still manage to be on top for the following years to come.

Jokingly aside, its a sign of ones age to say "I remember when Google was JUST a search engine, and not even a very good one so you would have to flip through multiple pages to get a decent result"

To imagine they would become this conglomerate is amazing. Still, I am satisfied with their innovation initiatives and don't mind how they force other fat cats in multiple industries to get up and start being competitive again. They have done much more good than harm overall, I feel. I don't think there's really a 'takeover' vibe from them.

Google is slowly and surely taking over all aspects of our lives, and I'm not sure whether to be happy about it or not, but I do understand that it is necessary since it would hardly be advisable for anything or anyone to stagnate, let alone one of the biggest companies on Earth. Google products are now used for pretty much everything including our browsers, phones, and soon possibly also our internet connection itself. How do you feel about this?

I personally do not mind too much, at some point or another one website was always going to take over according to the laws of business and expansion! Furthermore, Google do not seem to be making many mistakes and the key vital asset about Google is the fact that they follow what the users want!

Just because it has the potential to expand to do practically anything does not necessarily mean it is good at doing them. It only has experience as a search engine, so when they launched Google+, for instance, it was doomed to mediocrity. There are better paid solutions to translating languages than Google Translate, and competitors for items such as Google Earth. Whichever way you look at it, Google is not the only company, and companies will definitely not allow Google to have everything.

As a company, it has hit almost all the right marks to rake in profits, however, no company can get it perfect every single time. There is a limit to even Google's capabilities.

I have mixed feelings about Google. I know with all their recent search engine changes they really hurt a lot of people that were making a living online from their websites. Some of those people were just putting up junk and spam but some of them weren't and they got screwed anyway. I understand Google wants better search results and they're trying to get rid of poor quality results but I just wish they were better at it. But they're trying at least.

On the other hand, I have an android tablet and that's a Google product and I love that thing! :)

Personally, I'm a fan of Google and enjoy watching their efforts to branch out and develop new products. As others have pointed out, their success comes from the fact that as a corporation they seem to reject complacency. So many big businesses "build" on their success only by raising prices, cutting operating costs, and otherwise improving profits on their currently successful product, effectively becoming stagnant and vulnerable to more flexible, innovative competitors. It is so common that it has a name (that I can't remember) and is covered in basic marketing courses - companies enter the market as innovators but become more conservative/traditional over time, leaving themselves open to challenges from the next generation of innovative new startups. Google seems like they strive to break that cycle by continually venturing into new areas and trying out new product ideas.

If someone had told me in the early iPhone days that it would be Google rather than Microsoft that would become the biggest challenger to iOS in the mobile OS market I wouldn't have believed it for a minute. But I love my Android phone & tablet and wouldn't go back to iOS for anything.

MI
Back