The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do you dertermine the price of a website

gkd_uk

Hi

How do you dertermine the price of a website? So when you sell a website, how do you know what it's worth?

It would seem that the general view is based on the income of the site(nornmally 10 times minthly income), aswell as PR and backlinks.
Though a tatally unique site with no income can be worth alot.

That usually depends on how busy the forum is.How many members,how many posts,quality of posts...etc
The forum subject can make a difference, as can the age of the site.
Also whatever extra features are installed.
The Design and layout,wether its a unique template or a standard "off the shelf" one.
Now if it does have a really good design then sometimes that will sell it even if the forum is not busy. I have seen ones with just a thousand or so posts go for high hundreds!

Interesting. I've always pretty much wondered myself how to determine the price of my holiday website and considerd gettting it valued.

It has excellent Search engine positioning with good traffic for all pages and generates money through the affiliate setup - only thing is, it could generate much more if the supplier took interest in its affiliates so therefore the site is best sold to a holiday company who wants a website that is established in search engines for all holiday keywords.

Does anyone have any idea who could value such a website?

Thanks

You have a nice site Vic, why would you want to sell it?

Do you believe in site value calculators that you can grab hold of from the net, such as:

www.glurk.com
sitevaluecalculator.com
cwire.org/website-value-calculator/

You have a nice site Vic, why would you want to sell it?

Do you believe in site value calculators that you can grab hold of from the net, such as:

www.glurk.com
sitevaluecalculator.com
cwire.org/website-value-calculator/

What I build today is only a taste of what is to come in the future! Apologies for not being specific.

Many thanks for the compliment

Is 10x really the general rule of thumb? If someone just laid down the price, by what percent less that the 1Ox should be the counter-offer?

Turnkey, I never trusted software calculators for a website value, they cannot be accurate while the price depends on so many things from person to person. :)

Use the SEO tools to research the site, check its linkbacks, page rank and etc. Probably worth doing a bit more work PR wise if its anything less that PR3

There's a website that calculates how much your website is worth. I forget the link now but it should be easy to google. Just look for how much is my website. Google is at like 4 billion dollars or something. Haha.

Every calculator however gives it's own version of cost, some lower, some higher, but eventually it's all down to how much a buyer is willing to pay for certain website and what are the goals of the seller who is selling the website.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right , and it also depend upon how old the domain is how many visitors are and If the domain is Entertainment related and good ranking is there you will get buyers who can pay good to you few people are also see the Alexa ranking also .

Ussualy ... 1 month income x 12-24-36 you get points for good SE traffic and a large community ..

PR counts for idiots ...

banners
Back