The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do I learn SEO (search engine optimization) copywriting?

randycrosby2017

affiliate
I'm a mostly-traditional advertising copywriter hoping to expand my digital horizons and am looking to learn SEO (search engine optimization) copywriting. I live in NYC, and I'd rather take an actual class at a location than an online course. Anyone have any good suggestions? Thanks.

Sorry, no I don't but have you checked local colleges, etc. to see if they are running courses? The online world has expanded to the point that many professional educational institutions offer digital courses.

I am not sure but SEO its depends only on yourself if your are a good writer so you lean it so easily.read the SEO topics and lean newly updates about SEO

I guess that you rather go to "physical" classes because you think that in some way it will force you to focus on learning. I am not familiar with schools or courses around your area but I have learned everything I know from books and online courses. In my website, I have a short list of books that have helped me to learn self-discipline I needed to grow as a person and become a true entrepreneur.

If you still think that a traditional class is what you need, I can only advise you to use the time you have to start learning the basics at least and getting familiar with the topic. Take a look at sales pages and review websites. Check what they have in common. What kind of language they use. Do not forget to take notes.

It seems like you're only playing the writer role, which makes things easier. I assume you have a team taking care of the important stuff and will just be writing content.

Any brick-and-mortar classroom will likely contain outdated information. Writing for SEO is not that difficult any more. Some keyword research, proper hierarchy and decent writing will set you ahead of the game. It's the stuff that happens beyond the page that matters most - your site needs to be technically sound and you need backlinks/shares.

Go to Moz / SEJ. They have beginner guides to writing SEO-friendly content. From there, just be interesting... whatever you write, consider the people who will be searching for it. Make sure your content "makes sense" as the top-ranking result for the keyword(s) you're optimizing for. That's really the biggest rule these days.

banners
Back