The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do I get more traffic?

Hmm ok it sounds good but what is a targeted link back? What is article marketing? what does relevant niche mean? and what is pay per click? Thanks!!

Targeted links are when other sites link to yours. Other releveant/related sites that is, as those links are most valuable rather than links from unrelated sites.

Article marketing is when you write and submit articles to directories, websites, forums etc which contain a link back to your own site. This is a fantastic way to get traffic and one of the easiest.

Sounds like you need to learn the very basics in which case the Newbies forum will be a good read for you :)

I suggest you do a google search for bum marketing method. It's a great explanation of article marketing and it is free. Several affiliate marketers (me included) made first sales following these methods. It's not the only way to drive traffic to your site, but I think it's great education.

Here is an extensive list of traffic building methods I have created, feel free if anyone spots any that I may have missed to add it to the list:

1. PPC - AdWords marketingtraffic
2. Article submission
3. traffic exchanges - instantbuzz, trafficswarm
4. Press release
5. Safelists
6. Social Networks - myspace, facebook, apsense, directmatches
7. Blogging
8. Bookmarking - digg, reddit, stumplupon
9. Squidoo
10. Directory Submission
11. Video Submission
12. Forums
13. Craigslist
14. JV Partners
15. Text/banner exchanges
16. Purchase banner ads
17. Link exchanging
18. SEO

Here are some other ways you could improve traffic to your sites, some oif which will also help in your site's SEO: (posted this months ago somewhere in this forum)

Directory Submissions - targeted links at high PR directories
Blog and Forum participation - to high PR and frequently crawled sites
Social Bookmarking
Press Releases
Classified Ads
Article Marketing - submit to high PR directories, could also serve as link baits
Link Exchange - with relevant and authority sites
Link Baits - for organic linking
Etc. etc.

I know of people who do nothing but article marketing and earn $xxxx per month!

article writing is a great way. Also posting ads on craigslist.com Its free to post and the post will get indexed in the search engines within a day

Here is an extensive list of traffic building methods I have created, feel free if anyone spots any that I may have missed to add it to the list:

2. Article submission
4. Press release
5. Safelists
7. Blogging
9. Squidoo
10. Directory Submission
11. Video Submission
12. Forums
13. Craigslist
14. JV Partners
15. Text/banner exchanges
16. Purchase banner ads
17. Link exchanging
18. SEO

19. Widget distribution.

Simply amazing for back-links and building PR fast.

The most important one on that list is number 14. Joint ventureship is the best way to drive traffic. Partner up with those that have lists and give them generous commissions to market what you are selling. A list is great if used and marketed to it is WORTHLESS if you just sit on it. Joint venturing will get you better at negoiation which is a very overlooked part of the affiliate process. Dont get sold short cause your new, the sky is the limit!

I recently joined Entrecard. It's a free program where you sign up and exchange business cards(ads) with other people. You get free advertising on their site. You can spend time visiting other sites (they call it dropping cards)and people will reciprocate and that will bring you traffic! Pretty neat, I would check it out.

The most important one on that list is number 14. Joint ventureship is the best way to drive traffic. Partner up with those that have lists and give them generous commissions to market what you are selling. A list is great if used and marketed to it is WORTHLESS if you just sit on it. Joint venturing will get you better at negoiation which is a very overlooked part of the affiliate process. Dont get sold short cause your new, the sky is the limit!

I'm glad you posted this. I've been thinking this very thing recently.

QUESTION: How do you find people the JV with? What is the best approach to open that conversation?

2. Article submission
4. Press release
5. Safelists
7. Blogging
9. Squidoo
10. Directory Submission
11. Video Submission
12. Forums