The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do I advertise my new site?

EasyProductDisplays

affiliate
My team and I built a new website that is an html generator for Amazon and Zazzle affiliates. We are having a hard time finding good places to advertise it to find users. So far we are running ads on Digitalpointforums and only have 2 clicks. So I guess that wasn't the best place to advertise.
Where do you advertise your sites and tools? Is there some place that is worth spending the money to advertise at? We have set up some Adsense ads but they are taking days to get a green light and start running. Not sure if that is normal or not.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thomas

Hi there,
I'm not to sure what your product does, but if it is a software that helps affiliates you could maybe promote it as a wso in the warrior forum, offer it for a cut price. software normally do well as a wso.

you maybe only got 2 clicks because your banner was not appealing, you can try, how many banners did you test ?
Facebook, Google or bing is places I advertise. Maybe look into solo ads the Im/ affiliate marketing niche is very responsitve to new software, if the product is good then look into buying solo ads of people who have a email list, directory of ezines and safe ad swaps is where you can buy solo ads.

It is an html generator with various display templates to pick from. We thought about the Warriors forums. Need to look into that further. I tested two different banners, then set up a text link ad and got much better results from that as far as clicks to the site. Not too many sign ups though from it. Maybe my front page needs a better presentation. I will look into the Facebook ads because that sounds promising as well as Google and Bing. Thanks for replying and the advice.

Thomas

Hey EasyProductDsiplays,

You have a nice site and what looks to be a good concept. As far as advertising, banners on forums in the IM niche can be pretty tough. I mean think about it, how many banners have you ever clicked on in a marketing forum? The best way to advertise on forums is by either by posting in the appropriate category or in the buy/sell/marketplace section. Also make use of signature links.

You can try buying ad space on relevant blogs or websites. Just make sure to do your due diligence on their demographics and traffic numbers. Just go to forums and look for the "Selling ad space" or "Ad space for sale" sections or contact websites directly. Even though they may not have an "Advertise on this site" link, the webmaster may be open to it if you just contact him.

You can also try buying solo ads. It's a great way to get direct contact with marketers. It can get expensive, but if the list is responsive you could see great returns.

Good luck

Thanks bigboi
You're right, I ignore almost all ad banners at the top of any site I visit. :) I have been trying to locate some decent forums for Amazon and Zazzle affiliates. Of course I have been to the main site forums already. Now just trying to find some other hang outs. Thanks for taking the time to offer advice. I appreciate it very much.

Hey Easyproductdisplays
Gerry here I think your best traffic even without advertising would be to go to facebook and make yourself a facebook page for your product join all the groups in your target niche ei. blogs-pinterest groups-amazon groups-ebay affiliate groups join pinterest as there are a lot of people on there promoting multiple products that own blogs and so on hope this helps.

I like all the responses here and the comment about not clicking on ads on forums is pretty much dead on. I don't think I every have. Try posting review videos on YouTube and have these videos connected to articles you write.

Targeting specific niches in Facebook is good too. i would use the Facebook IM Target tool which i have been using and it is really useful when trying to laser target your audience. It will take some time to get results though

As far as banners go most of them don't get clicks. Especially if they're just randomly placed. You'll do better with banners using a blog with keyword targeted posts and then embedding your banner ads somewhere either within or at the end of the content of the post. At least I've found that works better. Some testing would show you the best location(s).

Also, if you're thinking long-term I'd also include article marketing. Submit your targeted, keyword rich articles to the top directories and the top document sharing sites (as pdf's).

Hope that helps - BTW the traffic is FREE other than your time for research and writing.

Someone else mentioned a WSO on the warrior forum. That's a good idea too but make sure to study what's selling there first and then get good copy written to sell it if you decide to go ahead with it.

All the best!

MI
Back