The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How did you learn to code?

Yeah it doesn't have what I want though. I couldn't really develop a site in php from what it tells me, I could just improve my site with it.

Why get books? My web design teacher has the same opinion as me: As soon as the book is published and out for a month or two, they will have to update it! Just a waste IMHO.

Books have greatly helped me and languages do no change that fast. They're better than trawling through google all day.

Books have greatly helped me and languages do no change that fast. They're better than trawling through google all day.
Ehh, I guess, but soon they become outdated and a huge waste of paper. Better to read an e-book or something that can be updated easier :)

I taught myself. I started out in the 1980's with a VIC20 and never stopped enjoying writing code for fun. In the late 90's I was asked to create an application over the company intranet in Lotus and that was a hit which propelled me into other languages. I've created applications from scratch in most major coding languages and I've mastered how to optimize content and make it work efficiently with databases and such, it's been a terrific achievement for me and I'm 100% self taught.

MI
Back