The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How did you guys learn how to make your site SEO-optimized?

How did you guys get your site to rank high on Google? How did you learn?

@Griffith Real Estate

Create an SEO checklist
  1. I learnt to code in HTML & CSS by copying source code from other websites
  2. Using this knowledge I was able to build websites and received anywhere from $100 to $1,500 for one website
  3. One client asked me how to rank on Google.com for a specific keyword (I didn't know)
  4. Went to Google and found a PDF document called "Google Webmaster Guidelines" (which is now an entire website called Google Search Central)
  5. I copied that document and pasted into Microsoft Word
  6. Adding checklist boxes I created a list of each one of the optimization guidelines
  7. Then I used that list and applied every recommendation to the client's website
  8. Sure enough they got a much higher ranking, I think it was 2nd or 3rd for a competitive local search like "south boston auto repair"
  9. After that I just stayed up-to-date with all the official guidelines
  10. It's worked for me over the past 20 years
Create an SEO checklist

Last edited:
  • 60% to 70% unique content on each page
  • Avoid any ads that are too offensive
  • META content= tags that are relevant to the page's content and are attractive to your search display's CTR
  • all the technical stuff that seems quoted everywhere.
Search CTR is very important in your rankings. Think of each search click as a vote for your website ;)

How to Optimize your Website for SEO in 8 Simple Steps
  1. Analyze all of your website data.
  2. Conduct thorough keyword research.
  3. Produce long and value-rich content.
  4. Optimize for on-page SEO.
  5. Optimize for off-page SEO.
  6. Optimize the website for mobile.
  7. Speed up the pages.
  8. Get quality backlinks.

I learned SEO out of need–my career in telemarketing was dipping and I knew I had to find a way out of my rut. I found out I was a pretty good writer and SEO was being thrown around over thousands of job posts on the internet, so there began my journey with Google's search engine.

I landed my blog posts on the top pages with careful planning and extreme curation of my content. Google's algorithm can seemingly detect if you're just churning out crappy content or are actually trying to help answer queries.

There are tons of resources out there but honestly, where better to start than Google itself? They have a great beginner's guide for anyone starting their SEO journey. Most of the resources I used back in the day are a little outdated now, but this blog by Ahrefs–a really popular SEO tool can speed things up for you.

Hope this helps~

banners
Back