The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How Credible is PR?

M

midlandi

Ok we work our buts off to improve PR.
So how credible are the results?

I have 2 sites i set up three months ago.
I did nothing at all to them(no time)
Hey presto last update Both PR4?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

A single pr5 link can give you PR4, or a load of forum signature links will do the same. PR is only important (IMO) if you are buying or selling links.

This is partly my point.
Absolutly no traffic.No links. PR4.
So i can sell , what are really useless links.

I have few theories, what is the most important few little steps to really give you good ranking, but when faced with Gurus like OWG, I am shy to say ;)

I don't know half of what OWG knows about search engine marketing, that does not stop me from offering suggestions or sharing my advice in threads he is contributing to. (or even arguing with him and telling him I am righ he is wrong lol
I think you should just go ahead and offer you advice maxseo .

I have few theories, what is the most important few little steps to really give you good ranking, but when faced with Gurus like OWG, I am shy to say ;)

This makes me sad :( Because it means I am being overpowering. I apologise for this.

The point of a forum is to debate ideas and experience. We ALL learn from each other, that is how the world progresses.

Do you know what we all have in common? We ALL came into this world with the same amount of knowledge. Along the way we all picked up experiences and information that makes EVERY ONE OF US special.

Please post your thoughts openly so we can run through them. In future I will try to take a calmer approach.

Sometimes my replies might appear abrupt or harsh, but it is mainly because I NEVER edit my posts, they get spell checked sometimes and that is that. Because I am a straight talking guy I tend to cut to the chase LOL

There is so much hype built up around the idea of PR that it makes it easy to sell something that would otherwise be useless. I've been trying to come up with some answers as to exactly what PR is used for, and how it is used. I can't. I think the reason it's so perplexing to so many is because of it's relative uselessness. How could the one thing talked about most by webmasters have so little value? I think Google threw it at us to throw us off from what really matters. I think the drive to achieve that knowledge is what we call SEO.

PR is like the waters of the world, sure there are those that are suffering draught, but most have plenty to drink. The holy grail is the factors that we don't know about, and it's what we are all after ultimately.

PR is like the waters of the world, sure there are those that are suffering draught, but most have plenty to drink. The holy grail is the factors that we don't know about, and it's what we are all after ultimately.

Jump has just set the uselessness of PR into poetry, well done. I could not agree more, the only reason I bother about PR I tend to get more sale from my directories with higher PR than the one with lower PR. If you are in directory business, PR is one of the important factors people consider when deciding whether to submit to your site or not.

I came to conclusion is that concentrating on PR in any way can just lower your SERP's. One advice I can give, apart from knowing how to make your site user friendly, full of useful content and SE friendly, don't even think about Google and PR and you will be amazed. Forget that Google even existed, run legitimate business, website, blog whatever ... and you will be rewarded

Don't want to offend higher Gurus around here, just talking from experience of last two years

No, I think that's great advice max. It's great to see some web developers concentrating on what's important to the visitors, and less on how the visitors find them. It's a slower process, and I think that's why so many webmasters spend so much time trying to hurry the process along. They get quicker results by applying certain techniques, but they spend precious time that they could otherwise be spending on building unique and good content that the visitors actually will want to make use of. In the long run, that type of webmastery will pay off, in some cases better than hardcore SEO'd sites.

"Forget that Google even existed, run legitimate business, website, blog whatever ... and you will be rewarded"

Very well said.

Umm, I wish its easy to forget Google exist in modern business, its one of the crusial medium to finding customers Koo3

The PR may be removed on the next update. I once created a webpage about a subject that no other site on the internet talked about and it jumped to PR7 for 3 months. I was shocked but on the next update it went down to PR3.

The PR may be removed on the next update. I once created a webpage about a subject that no other site on the internet talked about and it jumped to PR7 for 3 months. I was shocked but on the next update it went down to PR3.

It could have been that at the time originally you had a lot of links on highish PR blogs, when your link was on their home page. At the time of the next update, your site would have moved away from the front page, and post a lot of PR transfer. Something that simple can account for it.

You cant ignore Google. Most web traffic finds where its wants to be via Google. If you are in business, you therefor HAVE to appreciate this and give it some effort and make sure you are ranking. That is, if you want the business. People talk a lot about just producing content. Rubbish! Most sites are for selling 'stuff' or 'services', its not therefore about great original content but about presenting your wares well and ranking your site high to find the business :). remember the business side of the internet, its the largest part!

MI
Back