The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

how can i create good thumnails for my youtube videos?

change is a constant thing in life true or false

• a. true

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • b. false

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Its very important that in your thumbail to have your keyword .What i do its i open paint ,every computer it has it .Then i download a background image and i write my keyword in it ( the name of my youtube video ) then i upload it as a thumbail

1. Best way is to use ImageMagick or FFmpeg at the command line
  2. Split the keyframes in the part of the video wanted for thumbs off into .png or .jpg
  3. The use a graphics editor to watermark the thumbnails if you want

Alternatively, look for some web-tools out there that use the open source software code in the background to do this. Hope you don't have to pay to use the open source software ...

Another low volume way is to use the PrtSc (print screen) button on a PC keyboard (you can plug a pc keybord into android too) edit that screenshot after you crop it.

Last edited:
Add custom or automatic thumbnails on YouTube videos:

1. In the YouTube Studio app, tap Menu then Videos.
  2. Select the video you want to edit the thumbnail for.
  3. Tap Edit .
  4. Tap Edit thumbnail.
  5. Select your thumbnail:Tap Custom thumbnail to upload a custom video thumbnail from an image on your device.Select one of three auto-generated thumbnails.
  6. Confirm your thumbnail selection and tap Select.
  7. Tap Save.
Custom thumbnail best practices

Your custom thumbnail image should be as large as possible since it will also be used as the preview image in the embedded player.

• 1280x720 resolution (with minimum width of 640 pixels)
  • JPG, GIF, BMP, or PNG image formats
  • Under the 2MB limit
  • 16:9 aspect ratio

Hi @emstine .. For good looking YouTube thumbnails, I use canva.com. I started using this site (free sign up) and loving it for quick and easy exact size formatted ones using their templates. Once you've created them, you can download them (in png or jpg) and upload your newly created eye-catching thumbnail to replace the default one that YouTube auto picks for you. :) Hope this helps.

Just like Andre pointed out above, I use canva.com and it has been awesome. It is very user-friendly. You can use it to adapt and adopt any style of thumbnail you want.

MI
Back