The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How 'automatic' is the automatic upgrade plug-in for Wordpress?

IC_IC

affiliate
I have tried to upgrade my versions of wordpress in the past but ran into problems, I saw there is an automatic upgrade plug-in and it has good reviews. Has anyone here used it recently and what version to version have you had success on?

thanks

I have tried to upgrade my versions of wordpress in the past but ran into problems, I saw there is an automatic upgrade plug-in and it has good reviews. Has anyone here used it recently and what version to version have you had success on?

thanks

As far as i heard, manually upgrade is better then use plugin for upgrade (auto upgrade) :sneaky:

DON.

I faced the same problem. I tried the automatic upgrade plugin on one of my wordpress blog. All went well till the file downloaded and when it tried to extract and upgrade it ran into trouble.

Finally I used the manual upgrade to upgrade all my wordpress blogs.

SticKer

This is the latest version

WordPress Automatic Upgrade plugin update

It's very useful, it's not totally automatic, you still have to activate and click through a few screens, but it is very very useful.

One piece of advice would be to do a dump of your server every week or so of all your files on it. If wordpress screws up, then you can easily place the old ones back.

But yeah, it saves a lot of time and works well!

banners
Back