The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Hosting Reseller Accounts?

espmartin

affiliate
I resell hosting, and currently, I am my biggest customer!
I was wondering if you all prefer to get a reseller account for
your own use, or but separate hosting accounts for all of your sites?

I resell hosting, and currently, I am my biggest customer!
I was wondering if you all prefer to get a reseller account for
your own use, or but separate hosting accounts for all of your sites?

I definitely use them for my own websites & or testing scripts, i do offer the services but i cant really say i push it to become the next big hosting company as it will never happen in my life time.

i also have a reseller account.... same as you... i'm the biggest client. i have more than 100+ sites hosting in my reseller account. i offer the services but not that aggressive to make the next hosting provider.

i just need a reseller account to save money for many sites i maintain. and yeah its personal hobby/projects.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am paying a reseller anywhere from $9 a month to $25 a month for each site for 8 sites. I would like to know more if you don't mind telling me if it would be worthwhile to become a reseller.

:newhere:

I am paying a reseller anywhere from $9 a month to $25 a month for each site for 8 sites. I would like to know more if you don't mind telling me if it would be worthwhile to become a reseller.

:newhere:

It depends on what you will be doing with the services you offer.

its worth it if you want to save money nor cutting some costs... reseller account is ok as long the site is not that high traffic and cpu intensive.

its worth it if you want to save money nor cutting some costs... reseller account is ok as long the site is not that high traffic and cpu intensive.

"High traffic" and "CPU intensive" are relative terms.
How would you like me to measure? I get engineering files ftp to me and I can get several thousand unique visitors a day.

usually reseller account is on shared hosting server. the usual or industry standard in shared hosting, where provider only give around 25% to max 35% of the cpu resources.

good for you.... your site has thousand unique visitors a day. is your file static or using dynamic pages with db?

usually reseller account is on shared hosting server. the usual or industry standard in shared hosting, where provider only give around 25% to max 35% of the cpu resources.

good for you.... your site has thousand unique visitors a day. is your file static or using dynamic pages with db?

Sorry, Reading this caused my eyes to glaze over. I am a manufacturing business owner, three companies, the largest is Kinetic Die Casting, Inc. I am not heavy into server lingo.

Did what I wrote seem unbelievable?

I am not sure I answered you correctly, it is more than one site, I own three manufacturing companies with several product lines, (8) eight sites that get a lot of SE clicks. I get two or three 10mb or more 3D files sent to me a week and other forms of electronic drawing files. I have in total over 100 first page key terms on Google between all eight and a dozen of #1 terms (example aluminum bracket).

The only way I know to answer your question.

Why I am here....Because I love it. I hope to someday soon sell my businesses and do SEO for my friends. That is why I asked about the reseller. More clear now?

I believe I am getting hosting and reseller confused? I use three hosting companies. two of which are resellers.

I may want to do this myself????

I believe I am getting hosting and reseller confused? I use three hosting companies. two of which are resellers.

I may want to do this myself????

Some people resell some of their extra resources to help offset their hosting fees. Being a "reseller" is great and all if you can handle some of your clients problems in a timely fasion. Reselling as in selling some of your extra to friends is an easier way to ease into the reselling business as you can start to see what your customers are going to ask of you and hopefully they go easy with you if something comes up.

Some people resell some of their extra resources to help offset their hosting fees. Being a "reseller" is great and all if you can handle some of your clients problems in a timely fasion. Reselling as in selling some of your extra to friends is an easier way to ease into the reselling business as you can start to see what your customers are going to ask of you and hopefully they go easy with you if something comes up.
Thanks I will keep this in mind, :good:

MI
Back