The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hosting Business

O

ovi

Guys, I am wondering if anyone can tell me how much money someone need to open a good hosting & domain name company together with a site that sell hosting & domains. Do you think that this business is ok now? SOmeone can still earn from this kind of business?

Ovi

I have never been in the business, but for what it's worth, the industry is ultra competitive with people essentially giving out 1st year free via affiliate program. Marketing and advertising is real tough. Also, I don't think it's good for a personal business because most people will expect 24/7 support which is no a 1 man show deal.

Yo ovi, I think that what ur thinking is dam hard... and well, if you are to make a domain hosting website, good luck, and here are some suggestions from my stupid little-13-year-old brain:
-www.getdomain.com
-www.webdomains.com
-www.purchasedomains.com
-www.domainwebhoster.com
-www.domainworldonline.com
-www.webhosteron-line.com

I know that all these names suk, but its all I can think.... :(

Nice

Thanks for the sugestions till now, can someone tell me more? I still wait some sugestions.

Ovi

I'm sure you can earn money from this type of business but I'm not sure how. I too want to start up a webhosting company myself one day but can't figure out how to get a good, fast, dedicated internet connection with tons of bandwidth for a reasonable price. There's so many different ways to connect to the net these days, how can you possibly choose?

Personally, I'd tier all your pricing so people who just want weblogs or webspace pay next to nothing and you make your money by quantity of low paying customers. All of these customers would also have to display a banner to you webhosting site and/or set up their sites as a subdomain of yours.

Also, you'll need a website for people to learn of your company so I'd suggest you make sure your site is not only up 24/7 but super fast when it comes to loading (even on dial up). When looking for a possible webhost, I skip over the sites where their page loads slowly. I figure it they can't optimize their own site, what chances are there that mine will run smoothly? I'd also suggest that you hide none of your pricing, make it easily accessible and no more than a click away from the main page.

As far as features are concerned I know that it's important in this day and age to offer at least:
- spam protection
- reasonable bandwidth
- image gallery support
- open source software such as php, phpnuke, etc.
- templates
- control panel such as Ensim
- a bit of storage (I don't look at anything under a few gigs).
- a few databases

That's what I'd look for and that was pretty much what I started looking for before I even put up Lifesupporters.com. At the time I knew way less than I currently do (as unbelievable as that may sound), but I knew to look for that.

At the end of the day I'd say that the more diversity you can add to a webhosting package, the better.

Sorry for the double post.

I'm curious as well Ovi so I'll do some research this week and see if I can find some information for you.

The first step in doing anything is a plan,which you already have but here plan is more important than ever. Remember-people don't plan to fail; they fail to plan!

First, you have to choose between those two proven methods to make money from web hosting business.

1. sell your own products or services
2. promote products or services of other people's

I shall advice you to go on for Reseller hosting first before starting your own hosting company.
Typical minimum investment to start a Web host reselling operation range from $1,800 to $2,500.

Let's be serious! Time is required 24x7 and The following are the step is to be taken before going to start a web hosting business.

Step 1 - Draft your business plan/ Learn the basics.

Step 2 - Learn about various reseller opportunities:

Step 3 - Equipment/Infrastructure/software/technical support

Step 4 - Sign up for a service: Once you've got your plan put together

Step 5 - Build your own website: As your website is one of the most important parts of your business

Step 6 - Set up your backend and hosting plans

step 7 - Set up your office/Resources

step 8 - Hire technical staff

Step 9 - Market your services

Step 10 - Support your customers

Step 11 - Get advanced advice and techniques

Step 12 - fundamentals Working knowledge for running a web business

step 13 - Technical skills

step 14- Sell your business/set up your business legally.

step 15- Finance and record keeping (maintenance of records of sales, expenses,
receivable/accounts payable.

step 16 - Technical support/ business support

One can earn good money if he work hard and devoted to an uninterrupted service and support: 24x7x365 to their prospective customers.

Hello

etechsupport thank for your complete "to do" list, it is very complete, thanks a lot.

Regards,
Ovi

banners
Back