The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hi I'm babybeans - new member

babybeans

affiliate
Hello to all

Just introducing myself to the forum. I am Babybeans. Along with my wife we run a small family business online. We have designed the site ourselves and I am trying now to promote the business. Part of this promotion naturally involves search engines. Some traffic will be repeat traffic, some will come from our links campaign which I am working on, some will come from recommendations (did I spell that right?!) and some from search engines. I am still fine tuning the site and still working on mega tags keywords and descriptions. But aim to soon submit to the ODP etc. I have submitted to google already and we are ranked reasonably on some of our keywords (but not highly) the best ones are #12 and #17. But this was when we had no incoming links to speak of. However i have been using google adwords now for about 3 weeks with very targeted ads and am very pleased with the results. In the business we are in part of the promotion is to get the word out, google adwords have been great for that - starting to be mentioned on forums etc now.

I have joined here basically becuase I am a beginner when it comes to SEO and any information that I can learn from this forum will be useful. Maybe one day I will be able to give somehting back!:)

Welcome babybeans,
You are certainly on the right track to getting a good search engine ranking for your website with your desired keywords. You need as many incoming links as you can get and don't forget to ensure that the anchor text for your links contain the keywords you are trying to promote. Submit your site to as many directory as possible, directories tends to help your website PageRank.
Here are some directories you may want to submit your website to, most of them are free:

UK specific directories
---------------------------------------------
DMOZ (http://www.dmoz.com/Regional/Europe/United_Kingdom/) Free (you have already done this)
Directory.velnetsearch.co.uk Free
great-british-pages.co.uk Free + paid
lifestyle.co.uk Free + paid
Limesearch.co.uk Free + PPC
Splut.co.uk Free
Searchuk.com Free
spotjockey.co.uk Free
Thisisouryear.com $8
Yahoo.co.uk £199 to list your site

Other Directories

Blue Universe Search Directory
CANLink Directory.
Click4choice Web Directory
Galaxy Search Engine and Directory
Gimpsy.com -
GoGuides.org
GoonGee.com
Jayde.com - The B2B Search Engine
JoeAnt.com
Link-Pimp Link Directory
LinkOPedia - Requires $9.95
Pharos Search
Search Monster Link Directory
Search Pole Web Directory
Skaffe Directory

If anyone have a more comprehensive list of directories especially UK directories please let me know

Thanks

MI
Back