The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Hi, I got a question about Blogging

iminganow

affiliate
I am trying my hand at blogging. The only thing is that I am not sure what I am supposed to be blogging about. Do I blog about my affiliate site or do I blog about other stuff? I want to be able to generate traffic to my website where I have my affiliate links. I have a blog set up and it looks good to me but I am just not sure if it's done right. Also, I was wanting to add video and stuff but I am not sure what kind of videos to use. And I was looking at adding RSS feeds but again, not sure which I am supposed to use. If I put RSS feeds that relate to working online doesn't it have other places where people can click and purchase others' products? I am confused. Please help! Thanks in advance. :)

I'm assuming when you say "I want to be able to generate traffic to my website where I have my affiliate links." you mean the sight in your sig??? workingathomeforever.com

Bunch of thoughts and answers

1) You are targeting the hardest, most competitive market - one I tell newbies to avoid

2) Typically what you would blog about is informative articles or your personal experiences in the niche you are targeting.

3) You don't always need to drive the traffic from your blog to your affiliate site, you can add relevant affiliate links right in your blog - about whatever you are blogging about.

4) What kind of videos to add depends on your niche. You want to NARROWLY focus on one primary niche or type of market or type of person. Then think like a person that would be interested in that niche. What info would you want to see, what videos?

5) "If I put RSS feeds that relate to working online doesn't it have other places where people can click and purchase others' products?" Yes it does. Plus if you are totally new at this, adding other peoples RSS feeds to your blog is probably more advanced than you can handle right now. Just work on writing 1 new article a day or at least 3 a week to add to your blog.

However I would SERIOUSLY advise stopping now and finding a niche. "Make money online is not a niche" it's a huge shark-filled market that you can't compete in.

FYI you didn't ask for a site review and I can't go into details but in a nutshell the current site needs lots of work. I think you'd be better off starting over in a new niche and make the blog your main site.

Just my 2 cents.

Ask questions about anything you need more clarification on.

great advice

Well, you have given me alot to think about.

I thought I had picked a niche. I thought my niche is my affiliate, the system for people looking for a product to make money on autopilot. Hmm, guess not.

Now, as for my website, can you tell me what you think I need to make better? I would really appreciate your input. You seem to know so much about this.

Thanks again, also I watched the video you had on another post, it was most helpful and I went in a fixed my blog. That was great stuff. Even though I am new at marketing I do know how to do the html and that other tech stuff, plus my son knows computers and helps me out. So anything you can provide I will definately look into, Thanks again.

I am making money just not a whole lot and want to maximize my marketing techniques.

"I thought my niche is my affiliate, the system for people looking for a product to make money on autopilot."

A niche is typically smaller and more focused than that. Money money online is a HUGE very competitive market. It's full of pros that know how to market and zillions of newbies all making the same mistake you did. Which is trying to sell "how to make money online" when you don't know how to do it yourself yet.

Promoting any type of get rich quick, how to make money online, webmaster secrets or ANY other type of Internet Marketing stuff - thats where all the newbies start and that market is filled with slick pros, gurus and scammers all preying off newbies like you. You CAN'T COMPETE!

Don't waste your time going down a path THOUSANDS of newbies have gone before with the same result. Most end up with no money and ready to give up. I don't know what makes newbies think they know enough about how to make money online to sell other newbies products about how to make money online.

Find a small niche to start. Find one you are interested in and know about.
Read all the stickies in the Newbie forum and all the posts in the niche forum for ideas.

Don't give up - just SWITCH GEARS!

Larwee is right. After you post in the site review forum
I can give you some feedback and others may too.

I appreciate your help

I really appreciate your help. But must you be mean :( , I have something that I am following and what you mentioned is not in there. I don't think I know everything that is why I was asking a pro like you. Thanks though, I still appreciate your input.

"But must you be mean"

So sorry. I have carpal tunnel and it hurts to type, so I copied part of a post I wrote to someone else. Was not trying to be mean to you at all.

Just trying to stress the point, because so many newbies get taken advantage of by the sharks and buy into what they are told. I feel bad for them and sometimes try a little too hard to help people see the light I guess.

What to blog about ...

First, figure out who your ideal prospect is.

Think about the reasons they would want your product and what kind of information would be helpful to them.

What questions are they asking, what problems are they having, what's interesting to them?

Then give them what they want by writing clear, easy to digest articles (posts).

You might do product comparison articles where you position the product you're promoting against competitors (which you could be an affiliate for as well ...)

Entertaining and educating them with relevant information that they can actually use immediately will impress them the most.

If you use rss feeds, you're right, you don't want to use feeds that will have people leaving your site.

So it is best to create your own feeds, or use feeds that are provided by Affiliate Programs you join so that you get paid when people do leave and purchase through a link.

FeedForAll is a great tool for creating your own feeds.

banners
Back