The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hi from Australia

gleff

affiliate
Hi everyone,

My name is Geoff from Sydney Australia.

I've been using Google Adsense for a few years and have been averaging around $75 a month and would like to start expanding into affiliate marketing.

I've created a wordpress site for reviewing products but don't intend on going hardcore into marketing, just writing reviews on products that i've used and have experience with. From those products, some have affiliate programs which I've signed up for, and when I've got a few reviews done, I was going to work on promoting them a bit more and trying to drive some traffic to the site (still too new to have any traffic).

I hope i'm not going about this wrong? I've been reading some other posts and everyone talks about joining affiliate networks like they join the network and then promote available products, rather than pick products you're interested in, and then use their specific affiliate network.

I don't expect, or intend to quit my day job here, just increase my earnings over and above my Google Adsense, and figured writing about a few products/items i'm interested in, and then promote them was the best way to go about it.

Hopefully this forum will give me better understanding.

I hope my first intro post didn't go too far off topic ;)

Ps. Great forum.. very informative.

Thanks for that..

Can I just ask though.. I noticed that in the control panel I have the option to put my blog feed URL so it shows the latest entry in your posts. My blog feed is actually my review site so it would be showing my latest reviews. Is this against the rules? Obviously i'm not putting links in my posts, it's the automatic blog feed.

I just want to know if I should be leaving the blog feed url blank or not? Currently I have the feed in there.

Thanks for that..

Can I just ask though.. I noticed that in the control panel I have the option to put my blog feed URL so it shows the latest entry in your posts. My blog feed is actually my review site so it would be showing my latest reviews. Is this against the rules? Obviously i'm not putting links in my posts, it's the automatic blog feed.

I just want to know if I should be leaving the blog feed url blank or not? Currently I have the feed in there.

That's fine and it seems toi be working correctly foir you.

Welcome, Geoff. Glad you found us.

Not to go OT from your intro, but I read this:

I hope i'm not going about this wrong? I've been reading some other posts and everyone talks about joining affiliate networks like they join the network and then promote available products, rather than pick products you're interested in, and then use their specific affiliate network.

I'd say that for most of us, especially those that aren't "hardcore", as you put it, we select niches and products that interest us in some way. That makes it easier and more fun.

So, I select the niche or product, then either find the merchant or product, go to thier website and find out what affiliate network they belong to. Then, I join their affiliate program through a network. I don't join the network then see what merchants and products are in there for me to promote.

Alternatively, I am already a member of several large networks, like CJ and SAS. I can also go an see what they have that is related to my niche, then apply to that merchant program.

Also consider joining Amazon as an affiliate.

MI
Back