The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Help me to clear the waters

isedo

Hi folks, so it's been a while I'm studying the Affiliate world (this forum is amazing). And i'm still very confused about this field so maybe someone who is having real success may help.

Where to start?

Quick intro: i'm in digital marketing for +15 years so I know the media buying world quite well but it's limited to Facebook Ads, Ig Ads, Linekdin Ads, Adwords.

Regarding to traffic here is what's on my mind:
  1. learning about native advertising
  2. learning about networks as Propeller ads
  3. Feeling like Fb is to risky for a beginner because it needs a specific approach that involves account farming, dedicated browsers, and I feel like it's more on the black hat side than the white side for most of the profitable verticals.
Question: Should I stick just with one traffic source? If yes, how I decide which one it is? Should it be FB or Adwords which I know very well o should I go into Propeller Ads kind or learn Native?

Regarding offers question: should i use just one offer and try everything i can on that offer from a single network or should Ido for example everything in Adsterra since they now do both traffic source and offers?

Verticals: I'm finding very difficult to decide which vertical to choose. I red a lot about this topic but it feels like the profitable verticals are far away from my personal interest. For example I'm passionate about photography but I feel like the real deal is in Crypto, Dating, Gaming, Gambling, etc.

Here comes the connected doubt: Since I'm able to build from the ground up an affiliate web site for Amazon products, should I start with that and implements inside that web site CPA offers? And still, how to choose di right vertical?

What i did:
I went to Amazon and searched for the most profitable product in a niche. I found few which i confirmed thanks to Ubersuggest, Google Trends and other tools.
But of course, this is only Amazon Affiliate related. How can I make a step forward and implement CPA Offers? How to choose them (still not-able to decide the right vertical).

If I'll choose Gaming as CPA vertical, I will focus on gaming also on Amazon. Seems like the logical answer. Is that correct to do?
Am I thinking correctly?
Am I overthinking?
Should I just pay a mentor (how to find one?) and follow his lead?

Should I just pay a mentor
Nope. Use this forum and its helpful members as your (free) mentor.

Besides, what works for one person may not work for another, even if you were to follow what that person does.

I agree with @Graybeard , gaming is a good vertical, I always liked promoting it.

As for FB account farming, I wouldn't do it. You could get banned. But that's just me, I know lots of people do it.

How can I make a step forward and implement CPA Offers?
Have you applied to any CPA networks yet?

Should I stick just with one traffic source?
We usually recommend that newbies do stick to one until their either master it, or decide it's not for them.

Am I overthinking?
Probably, most do or have done. Not naming any names (me, shh!).
comedy please GIF by CBC

Nope. Use this forum and its helpful members as your (free) mentor.

Besides, what works for one person may not work for another, even if you were to follow what that person does.

I agree with @Graybeard , gaming is a good vertical, I always liked promoting it.

As for FB account farming, I wouldn't do it. You could get banned. But that's just me, I know lots of people do it.

Have you applied to any CPA networks yet?

We usually recommend that newbies do stick to one until their either master it, or decide it's not for them.

Probably, most do or have done. Not naming any names (me, shh!).
comedy please GIF by CBC
Ahhaah thanks man for your answers, still some questions are opened but yes, i agree. Yes I applied and I'm accepted in few. The first was Mobidea but they now changed the system to allow newbies to use only smartlinks which is a pitty becasue you do not have control over nothing and the folks from Propeller Ads told me to not use them because i can got banned and as @Graybeard says, it's quite complicated to learn something from smartlinks since you do not know what u're really promoting.

Hi Isedo,
I'm working as an affiliate marketer for the last 2 years.
Spend a lot of money on different programs, but the reality (as someone above tells you) is you need to find your own path.
Learn the basics of digital marketing and for example, partner with another experient affiliate marketer. Promote his products, earn commissions and learn how to do it by someone already making sales online.

Align your pivot points.
In today's market change is very accelerated --with respect to trends and back-end technology.

MI
Back