The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Help me optimize my email marketing campaign

Neoseo

affiliate
Hi everyone,

I run an online business selling digital products (software) for individual real estate investors. My products are both available in a free version (with limited features) and a premium version (with all features). The fee version helps me build an email database to target users for potential upsell of my premium products.

I'm in the process of setting up all kind of automatic emails to maximize the value of my customer email list and I would like you opinion on it. Currently I have the following automatic emails:
  • cart abandonment (automatically sent if a user does not confirm the purchase) - Sent 1 day after signing up without completing purchase
  • Upsell Email (to offer premium product at a discount) - Sent 1 week after purchase of free product
  • Feedback email to premium users (asking to fill out a short customer satisfaction survey) - Sent 2 weeks after purchase
Question 1: What additional emails should I send? I'm thinking about an email to ask customers for their reviews online (trustpilot, etc) but maybe it should go in the same email as the satisfaction survey?

Question 2: I don't have any cross-sell email because my products are quite different and I'm not sure a user of one product would necessarily be interested in the other products I offer. Maybe I'm wrong and should set up such email anyway?

Question 3: The survey email is currently just sent to users that purchased the premium product but I could, in theory, also send it to users of the free version. What do you think? (That would increase the reach considerably)

Question 4: In terms of sequencing, how long after purchase should I wait to send each of those emails? Currently I'm waiting 1 week for the upsell email but I'm afraid it's too long. On the other end, given that the product is a software, it takes some time for the user to get familiar with it. Same question for the survey / feedback email that is sent 2 weeks after purchase.

That's all I have for now, appreciate any feedback on this strategy!

Thanks

I would rather have a good review on my website than 'trustpilot' they have had so much publicity about fake reviews. Either way you can't win for losing ...
Real reviews on the main selling page work --ask Amazon or eBay seller reliability ratings.

The rest needs real time A<->B or multivariate testing. How may active emails do you have?

Thanks, I have around 2,000 users with active emails.

I hear regarding the potential fake reviews on those sites but I feel like if I ask for genuine reviews from my users, it can't really heart though.

MI
Back