The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Help getting page ranking

other003

affiliate
Hello All:

I wrote my first article. The key word I used was "Affiliate Marketing Course". "Affiate Marketing Course' had 2,900 Global Monthly Search and a 38,000 results when searched in Google "Affiliate Marketing Course". I end up on page 6.

Are these good numbers to pick keywords by? What else should I do?

It would not only takes time in ranking, it would take effort to rank your site. So do as much as you can, make a plan and you will get rank higher in search engines.

I dont know if you can rank for that term with just SEO.... in fact I highly doubt it.

There are many PR4 and a few PR6 sites on the first page, I can not see you outranking them without off page SEO and your site being a HIGH PR site it self.

All the best.

I just tried a Google search using "Affiliate Marketing Course" and the article

A Good Affiliate Marketing Course Will Teach You Skills That Will Last a Lifetime.

was in the first free space.

Charlie

A Good Affiliate Marketing Course Will Teach You Skills That Will Last a Lifetime.

Without the quotes, that's not even on the first page in google.com: Affiliate Marketing Course - Google Search

In fact, it's not listed in the first 5 pages of Google.com results.

Actually, even with the quotes it's not in the first 5 pages of google.com.

Where do you see it?

Chris Farrell in one of his video talks about searching with and withou quotes. I just searched is again with quotes and it was in the first spot.

I don't know what to tell you.

Charlie

Maybe you must clear your history as google tend to show the site you visit the most at the top of search results.

Whats your website I can do a search and see if its there or not.

Maybe you must clear your history as google tend to show the site you visit the most at the top of search results.

Whats your website I can do a search and see if its there or not.

It's not a website. It's a search string. See above.

Charlie

Without the quotes, that's not even on the first page in google.com: Affiliate Marketing Course - Google Search

In fact, it's not listed in the first 5 pages of Google.com results.

Actually, even with the quotes it's not in the first 5 pages of google.com.

Where do you see it?

I suspect this is why you see it as #1. Does it have a yellow star next to it? Try turning off personal search (can you still do that?) and see what hapens.

If you go to this "A Good Affiliate Marketing Course Will Teach You Skills That Will Last a Lifetime" and see who wrote it, it's ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charles Bandrofcheck

Yes, I'm aware of that. The point is you've probably got the URL for the page bookmarked and have probably viewed it. Google's personal search tends to highlight such pages in personal search by listing bookmarked or frequently visited pages at the top of any search results.

What is being suggested is that this is what you are seei9ng: Not true page 1 ranking but personalized search results.

:confused:

I wasn't "bugging you". I was trying to help explain why you were seeing your page as #1 when others don't.

If you'd prefer not to know, that's fine with me.

I realize that it is due to the quotes that the page appears. Chris Farrell went through this during one of his videos.

During the course of this, trading messages, you have slapped me twice.

I feel like we are beating a dead horse.

banners
Back