The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Hello to the wonderful forum and people behind it...

jollyyear

affiliate
Hi,

I've been reading about affiliate marketing about a week and stumbled upon this resouceful forum and would like to say hi and thank you to all!

My only grip with the forum so far was it has the most unfriendly 'image verification' I have ever come across on the net! Seriously, I don't know how many times I had to refresh the image, hoping to see a readable one. Even then, it led me to so many failed attempts :( The time that took me to pass the image verication for keywords search was really frustrating!

I perfectly understand its purpose but still wish it was rather easy on the eyes. Having said that, I may need to get my eyes checked out! haha...

Sorry my intro has gone astray :(

I am a newbie, having been lurking around for a while now and decided to post some question only after the intro... Thank you again for all the helpful info and look forward to receiving valuable advice from all of ya!

Welcome to 5 Star, jollyyear.

I am the one responsible for that 'image verification' (CAPTCHA) being as difficult as it is. Here is a thread about it that might help explain why. http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...urrent-captcha-set-up-doing-forum-search.html. You can add some comments in that thread if you would like.

Since this is the Introduce Yourself Forum I don't want to get into all of that except to say that we get new members on a regular basis and only a few have complained about it. Making it easier would just make it that much easier for automated software used by spammers, which is a very big problem.

Thanks for joining. I hope you will feel the time you spent registering was worth it now that you are a member.

Maybe that portion was unfriendly, but this is a very friendly community. We keep hearing that over and over.

Since you are a newbie, you should spend as much time as you can reading in our Newbie Affiliate Forum. Be sure to pay special attention to the "Sticky" threads because they contains plenty of valuable information http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/

In addition to being friendly, our members are knowledgeable and very helpful. Ask questions whenever you have any.

I hope to see you will be participating in our discussion.

Hi jollyyear,

Welcome to 5 Star. Sorry we frustrated you. But CONGRATS, you passed the test!
We just like to see how committed people are to joining us! :p

We seldom get a complaint about it, surprisingly, but when we do it's like your reaction and they seem
to have a really hard time. Apologies - but if we had a bunch of bots spamming the place I think you'd
be even more unhappy. Now the ordeal is over and you have a nice clean forum to come to. :D

Haha yes couldn't agree more there, Linda!

Thanks for the nice welcoming message and detailed elaboration and a link, Larwee. As I said, I fully understand the reason behind it and I am just glad it's all over! :D

I am pretty sure it would turn some people away from joining in though as I was almost giving up myself. I am glad I didn't and those who did are missing out so much.

I usually read as much as I could then copy and paste the necessary info on my document, not really registering with any particular forum but yes, this forum was very special to keep me stay on and finally register!!

I hope I will be good enough, one day, to be able to contribute my 2p here and there. Only time will tell :)

Thanks again!

Hi jollyyear and welcome aboard. This is a friendly forum as I'm sure you have already surmised and I'm glad you didn't give up...:) There's wonderful resources and friendly folk to help you along your way. Best of luck.

banners
Back