The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Hello from the Sunshine Coast, Australia

stylemangi

affiliate
Hi All,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. Just found this forum after many months of researching. Seems like a real friendly place to hang out and participate.

I'm new to affiliate marketing but greatly appreciate the opportunities and flexibility that it presents to my family and I.

I have just sold out of my various bricks and mortar businesses and am about to embark on affiliate marketing full time. I'm also in the process of uprooting the family and about to spend the next year living and travelling through the USA and Europe. Starting with the Affiliate Summit in Vegas.

Who knows, maybe I'll see some of you there.

Cheers

Welcome to 5 Star, stylemangi. Greeting to you in Australia. :)

You joined us at a reasonable hour in Australia. I'll do my best to welcome you considering it is about 3:30 in the morning where I am. But we are here at 5 Star 24 hours a day to try to serve our members.

I am glad you found us and it sounds as if you plan to take affiliate marketing very seriously. You also sound as if you have a very good attitude.

I've noticed that you have already started posting by giving an answer to a question. The good thing about 5 Star is that a person can ask for help and also give valuable help to others.

This is a very friendly community. I'm sorry that it took you many months to find us. I'm hoping this will be your favorite place to visit.

It is nice to have you as a member and I'm sure you will enjoy being a 5 Star member.

Welcome stylemangi :)

Sounds like you and your family have a very exciting year ahead, best of luck! I think you'll find 5Star a very helpful place.

Hi stylemangi

Welcome to 5 star, Where abouts on the sunny coast are you from?

Did you watch the Broncos win the Grand Final?

Good Luck with the travels

Hi stylemangi,

Welcome to 5 Star. My what a nice bright outfit you are wearing today! :p

"I'm also in the process of uprooting the family and about to spend the next year living and travelling through the USA and Europe. Starting with the Affiliate Summit in Vegas."

Sounds like you are making some radical and exciting life changes. So much ahead of you! You are starting off right by going to the Summit and joining us here at 5 Star. Affiliate marketing CAN be a lonely and isolating business, so its important to stay connnected with POSITIVE people that can help you on your journey. Hope we can be a good resource and support system for you.

Thanks for the Welcome

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Hi JamieF, Yes I did watch the game, its been a long time between drinks for the Broncos. I'm based at Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast..I'm actually only about half an hour away from Australia Zoo for those that dont know the area.

Thanks for the Hello Linda, I see you like my avatar! I thought I needed something that reflected a little of who I was; and as I was born and grew up in Papua New Guinea, I felt that a Huli Warrior might just do the trick...although he does have a lot more hair than me.

I'm very much looking to make a start in the industry and I think the most frustrating part at the moment is picking that initial niche to get started in. Simply because getting an idea of the lay of the land is such a big task. Not to worry, I'm reading all of your old posts and faq's which should help.

I will be applying for those vagas passes shortly..hope to see you there! :)

Thanks

Good to see another aussie on the board - a Queenslander no less AND a Broncos fan!! :D This forum gets better everyday.

Was that pic taken at Goroka? I really want to go to that festival.

FYI, there are several awesome affiliates living in your area - they get together every now and then in Brisbane for a chat. Sometimes they come down to sydney too.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the welcome. Good to see other Aussies around. Mate I just saw your sig and I may be a customer for travel insurance soon as I am about to go on a year long trip with the family to the US and Europe. :)

Yes the Goroka Show is pretty good although its a little rough...funniest thing I saw on the Discovery Channel was seeing their journalist dancing with the rascals in front of the stage at a rock concert...he got rolled and had his wallet stolen. Crazy fellow. I was born there so I kind of know what NOT to do.

Rob, who are the other aussies on the board? I'd love to look around at all your posts and see how you do things as I am relatively new to affiliate marketing...I'm now off to read your posts. :)

Chat soon

Ed
(StyleMangi, my call sign means "stylish kid" is pidgen english...although I'm no longer a kid and my sense of style is stuck in the 80's :) )

Hi Ed,

I think there are only 3 aussies on this forum. You me and JamieF.

There is no really great online forum for Aussie affiliates. They are trying to get one going at a4uaustralia.com but it is struggling to get off the ground (though there are some VERY big aussie affiliates who regularly check that forum).

I usually announce here when there is a meet up (but you will be well served by going to the Vegas conference I imagine. I am hoping to go too)

What type of sites are you getting going for affiliate stuff?

Cheers,
Rob

There are others. If I get a chance I might list some of them. There is a relatively new member from Australia, and in Australia, with the username of Ash.

Thanks for that guys. Much appreciated.

Rob, I'm still working out to which industry to apply my efforts and how. I'm having a look at the Phonedog promo and am perusing CJ and Azoogle for suitable things....More than anything I'm tryin to get a handle on the lay of the land so I dont expend my efforts in a saturated or declining market.

Any pointers? I dont want to sponge off your hard earned knowledge so maybe any pointers to where I can find more info on the lay of the land?

I'd love to catch up with you if you are in Vegas. My god, I think my wife has just convinced me to buy an RV and drive across America...just like National Lampoons Vactation...just for a few months mind you...I'm far from being a grey nomad.

Cheers
Ed

Here are three more Australian members:

russbyte
ajaussiemale
martinbradstreet

There are more, but these are all I'm listing. This is just to help give you an idea that there are a few Australian members here at 5 Star.

Hi Ed,

Think about what the consumer needs.

For example, You are going on a holiday soon. What type of sites are you looking up? What information do you need? There's a broad niche. Narrow it down. (For example, the australian travel insurance comparison niche is wide open and I would do it myself if I didn't have a conflict of interest.)

Most importantly, take action. Test test test. Replicate.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Rob

Now I know where I've seen you!

Rob, I thought I recognised you...I've see you contribute regularly over at WF.
I must say you do seem to be one of the more moderate participants. :)

It certainly is a different kind of bar to be hanging out in... ;)

Cheers
Ed

LOL - yeah wickedfire is a good forum - I like the rough and ready attitude over there, but it certainly isn't a place I would recommend to newbies or people who are easily offended. Somewhere like 5star is far more newbie friendly IMHO.

I think the people on 5star take a far more long term approach to the industry and go out of their way to nurture affiliate marketing as a long term viable option for Merchants whereas many (though not all) on wickedfire are there for a quick buck.

Two great forums and certainly there is a place for both.

Since it isn't possible to predict what someone who might join the discussion in this thread might say, I just want to post this reminder from the rules ahead of time just in case, so they will be aware of it before they post.
? 5 Star believes in integrity and respects what other forums have to offer. Because we realize members of the 5 Star forum may also be members of other forums, do not try to degrade or discredit other forums, their administrators and moderators, or their members. This includes slander and other offensive comments.

Agreed 100%

Agree with you 100% Larwee. I've been looking around and participating in a number of forums before fortunately finding this forum.

Every one of the other forums was great in their own way but I gotta tell you, even though I've only been here for a short while it's been a very welcoming and supportive forum; one I'd like to hang around more and participate in.

Cheers
Ed

That is very good to hear. I'm glad you feel that way about 5 Star. We are doing as much as we can to try to make 5 Star even better for our members.

Hey

It is good to see more Aussie's here at 5 star. Getting an RV is probably the best way to see North America.

It is funny to see that everyone now likes Bennett again after last year's mob lynching. Australia beat NZ which is great to see.

If you are ever in NY state you may as well check out Montreal and Share Results!

Jamie, I may very well visit..who knows where we'll end up. I'm assuming you are an expat in North America.

It's funny, it doesn't matter where an Aussie is,he'll always find a sport to talk about. :) You are right about Bennet, after the grand final win he could basically walk on water in queensland.

Ed

banners
Back